1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$2 bills in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jaygee77, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some so will be checking my stash. But definitely a good idea to bring and use for tipping.

2. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...during a trip a few years ago I tipped the bartenders from a roll of dollar coins that I brought (after reading about it on VMB). After a few marathon VP bar sessions--seeing my tip glass (looking) "empty" and the loud "tink" "tink" of the coin rattling in the glass each time I dropped one in...I said never again. I was actually embarrassed...felt like I was emptying my pocket change into the glass...SMH. Now, I bring a stack of $2 bills. Many a CW have commented on them. Helps you stand out in the sea of thirsty people. Doing the math...if I tip a $2 bill instead of a single every time that's only about an extra $40-$50 a trip, better service and better karma!!

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I am highly unlikely to be involved in a mob hit or a Wild West shootout, but I guess it's better to play it safe just in case! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tipping with dollars coins does make you standout! But not for a good reason. I got stuck with some once, I paid cash for the monorail with a $10 and my change came out as these stupid dollar coins.

I tried to use them at the ABC store, but they refused to take them without a fight. He claimed it was like taking Canadian money.

I couldn't imagine anyone that would rather has a coin then a crisp $1 bill. It almost becomes a chore to dump them on someone else. Then THEY have to dump them on yet another chump.

Plus the annoyance of that heavy roll of coins in my pocket, as I peal them out one by one to tip.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.