1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Trip - Signature at MGM May 28-31

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jlf525, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlf525

jlf525 Tourist

My Trip Report

This was supposed to be a surprise b-day trip, but the husband can't keep secrets very well... anyway.. we stayed at the new Signature at MGM. Somewhat confusing, as these were originally marketed as 'The Residences at MGM' and down Studio Walk, the offices still say 'The Residences' however, the plan changed and they are now 'Signature at MGM'. We stayed on the 25th floor with a balcony. Great room with a 42 inch plasma TV, fridge, coffee maker, stove, toaster (yeah for bagels !), good bathroom with walk in glass shower, jacuzzi tub, dual vanities. One downfall, not alot of storage to unpack your bags. Starbucks and the gift shop weren't open, but the pool, lounge and fitness room were. There is a $15.00 resort fee charged to your room daily which includes in room wi-fi, two bottled waters daily, newspaper, and use of the gym. Which, for me is a good thing as I use the gym daily. There is also bottled water in the gym. No locker room though... At the time we were there, we were part of the 22, yes, 22 people checked into the 39 story hotel. There were more staff than guests. Needless to say, everyone was VERY helpful ! The pool is small, but great great lounge chairs and yummy pina coladas. There is a covered, enclosed walkway over to the MGM that takes about 2-4 minutes to walk. The door opens right next to the MGM Spa entrance at the end of Studio Walk. Very easy. It was nice to have the hustle and bustle of MGM, and then be able to walk over to a very quiet, relaxed hotel. Would we stay there again ? Certainly ! We also used 1/2 Price Tickets to get tickets to Hairspray / ate at Mesa Grill / had the husband get a shave at Truefitt and Hill / had to have s'mores at N9NE / ate at Craftsteak / used the Monorail / did indoor skydiving at Flyaway again / had yummy snacks at Emeril's / a great dinner at Little Buddha / and of course had a Tickled Pink at 32degrees at MGM - as usual... a GREAT GREAT trip to Vegas. Now, gettin' ready to pack the kid up to head him off to college in August at UNLV ! Go Rebels !

2. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing the first experience I've read on the Signature.

3. musicman

musicman Tourist

Im currently debating between the Tower Suites at the Mirage or one of the suites at the Signature for my next trip, so its nice to see reviews popping up finally. The prices at the Signature are certainly competitive, but the one thing that was potentially holding my back was the walk to the action, but 2-4 minutes sounds like a breeze, especially if its covered in case of rain.

Thanks!

4. jlf525

jlf525 Tourist

Also - the walkway, has the moving walkways... so, you can exercise a bit or just stand and make the mechanical part do the work ! They did say that the Starbucks is set to open in about 3 weeks, and the gift shop / sundries would be ready about that time as well. The lounge is great, again with a great staff and free appetizers in the evening. We had some fresh vegetable spring rolls and an assortment of olives... very tasty ! They are still working out some bugs, as to be expected with a new hotel, but overall, great service. Great beds - with tons of down pillows and a down comforter. A few interesting things, when you tell a cab driver "signature please" they take you to the private airport for Signature Airlines ! and to get a cab at the hotel, it's best to just walk to MGM as Signature doesn't have a cab line set up. The construction going on with Tower 2 didn't bother us a bit. Couldn't hear it at all. The room was a bit dusty in the evening, but I think that was just from the overall construction and the fact that we kept the sliding glass door to the balcony open. All the appliances are stainless steel and there is a large microwave as well. The cupboards are stocked with dishes and utensils.

5. jlf525

jlf525 Tourist

oops - one more thing, one bug they do have worked out... you can charge to your room at Signature anything at the MGM Grand, and the conceirge at Signature can make all the reservations for you (Craftsteak etc). Very handy !

6. littleshelby

littleshelby Newbie

Great information. Sounds like the signature is the real deal.

7. musicman

musicman Tourist

Out of curiousity, did you stay in a Jr. Suite, or a 1 bedroom? Im curious if booking a 1 bedroom increases the odds of being placed on one of the higher floors. With a 110$ a nite price difference one would think it should.

8. rje

rje High-Roller

Sounds like a great time!
    But, I am curious. What is a "Tickled Pink at 32degrees" ?

9. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luscious, lovely, brain-freeze-inducing "adult beverage". Mmmmmmmm.

10. jlf525

jlf525 Tourist

Ahhh... tickled pink... a pink slurpee with absolute, pink lemonade and I think cranberry or grapefruit juice. YUM !
    Higher floor - when we originally checked in, we were on floor 22. Then when we actually got room keys we were on floor 6... finally, after some wi-fi dead-spot issues (it was entertaining... ) we were changed to floor 25. All the rooms were the same, with the exception being on the 25th floor we had a balcony. I'm guessing it was a jr. suite as it was somewhat studio condo like, similar to a Venetian room (without the steps !). And I'm thinking, with so few guest to start with, it wouldn't be an issue to ask to have the highest floor possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.