$20 Park MGM/Nomad

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. brucepickle

brucepickle Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you please let us know how your check-in goes? I'm arriving on Sunday (April 30th).

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly will. Not optimistic, as my traveling companions have decided they want to shoot for early check-in and I expect that will kill our chances of getting anything better than a high floor, but I'll give it a shot.

EDC
  3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the trick worked _okay_ this time. I was booked on a heavily discounted offer this weekend (not quite comped, but close) for a Run of House room. Was able to get an early check in, the bed type I needed, and a high floor-- she described it as "south facing", but it was really just a view of TMobile Arena and the freeway. Whatever. I did okay in the slot tourney so I'm not complaining.

EDC
  4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any luck getting a complimentary upgrade to the new rooms booking a Deluxe room? I would imagine their Deluxe room inventory has to be getting lighter as the reno gets near its finish

5. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @wishman35 I've heard they give out the new rooms very liberally. You shouldn't have any problems

EDC
  6. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question regarding the $20 Trick and Pre-Check In (via email).

I leave for Vegas tomorrow, check in tomorrow afternoon. I was planning on doing the $20 Sandwich to see about a potential upgrade. Doubtful, since we have a preview room anyway.

However, for the purposes of this discussion, if I pre-check in via email, will that eliminate any chances of even trying to use the $20 Sandwich, as my room will already be waiting/prepared?

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No first hand Monte Carlo experience, but at Aria, the precheck system had you pick up keys at a kiosk with no options to upgrade.

9. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new check in is primarily Kiosks so it is a little more difficult to pull off the sandwich BUT in the middle of the Horseshoe of kiosks is a manned desk to 'help' with the kiosks. They can, in theory, upgrade you. Additionally, if you reserved your room through mLife and are pearl or above there is a small check in desk 'reserved' for mlife check in.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - question for the $20 sandwich at Park MGM.

I just got my pre-check in email (we won't get there till late tomorrow night). Usually I pre-check in right away, assuming that I'll get a better location of room as opposed to waiting. I see it as an RSVP of sorts.

If I do the pre-check, can I still try the $20 sandwich upon arrival, or am I set (should I wait)?

11. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    **EDIT: Disregard! I can't read, apparently. Just read the response above mine. I'm Pearl so I'll pre-check in and try my luck when we arrive tomorrow.

12. David Mach

David Mach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried doing the $20 sandwhich to get up grade to Nomad hotel? Does that sound possible? My trip is coming up next week and would like to give this a try.

13. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my understanding that, at this point, Park MGM has kiosk only check-in. So how is a $20 trick even possible?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've usually had luck at trying it at other Strip properties, but no luck at the NoMad on a recent stay. She was very polite and handed it back at the end, but got the vibe it's something that just doesn't wash there, I imagine they have strict policies etc. That's totally fine and they were still helpful and allowed early check-in and choice of views etc.

15. mdwst1811

mdwst1811 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this already booked at NoMad or had you booked at Park MGM and we're trying to trick into NoMad?

16. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd already booked NoMad (on a comp stay).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scotch12rox

Scotch12rox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They want you to use the kiosk but there are a couple agents available. I checked in via the kiosk, was offered no upgrades but was very pleased that my room was available at 8:30 am (we were moving over from Planet Hollywood).

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. vigilanteez

vigilanteez Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get upgraded at NoMad without flashing the 20. Had a classic double queen booked (only thing available online), and asked to just get a 1 king bed. The agent was very helpful, made a call and was able to get me upgraded to the Atelier suite that had the1 king bed. Excellent service at the front desk and tipped the 20. Stay was Fri-Mon as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the kiosks, but there are employees there to help you who have ipads. Had a question about parking and resort fees and at the same time asked if there were any upgrades. After a couple taps, she got us a stay well room with an arena/stadium view. Slipped her $10 for her help.

20. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Dec 30 I since I was Gold level Mlife, I went to the priority desk and made a $10 sandwich. I felt that since it was NYE time, a suite upgrade was totally unavailable but did ask for a higher floor. She said my "automatically" booked room was low and she could move me up, then asked if it was the first time I stayed at "Park MGM." I said (truthfully) yes. She then said (as it were important for the record) "since it is your first time, I will upgrade you to a "Stay Well Room'" . She then slipped the $10 in a small pocket in her vest.

The room was the same size but had a fancy air filter, mood lights (e.g. "awake" -- bright, "play" -- sexy pink, and "day" -- yellow) and nice décor. Very happy with the room.

• Like Like x 1