1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need a march madness long shot

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by jhpa, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That UNC odds of 20 to 1 sure looks tempting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jtdestef

jtdestef Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are you feeling about UK's chances now? With one of UVA's best players out for the tourney, I think they have a decent path to the finals. If they can get past the Arizona game in the 2nd round, I think the bracket will open up nicely for them. As someone who follows them, are they worth taking a chance on right now?

3. KansasChemGuy

KansasChemGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Can’t believe UNC is at 20 to 1......definitely worth the risk.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better than I did a week and two weeks ago. I actually think they are better than Zona, but only by a smidge. That game could go either way and I expect it to come down to the final minute. Full strength UVA would destroy UK. They are the worst kind of matchup for the Cats (a methodical team that slows the game down, plays tenacious D, and plays with more effort than UK). But down one of their best players .... IDK, UK might pull off an upset if they get there. But even if they did reach the EE, UT and Cincy present those same matchup problems as UVA, all four top seeds in the West bracket are better than them, and Nova, Duke, and MSU are all better than UK if they were somehow able to meet them in the finals.

Don't get me wrong, I feel much better about my Cats than I did last month (and I'm not like every other UK fan who wants to bitch about their seed; 5 seed is right for them this year; I would rather be in the West potentially facing Xavier in the S16, but so would everybody), but a lot of their success down the stretch had more to do, I think, with the opponents missing open 3s. I can't forget the Florida game just a week and a half ago. Florida hit a hot run in the middle of the first half, the UK players hung their heads and stopped playing consistently hard (which is what they have done all season other than the WVA game), and they got blown out. I had hoped the WVA comeback was a turning point in the season, but that still looks, in retrospect, to be more of an aberration where Knox got insanely hot and they came back. Obviously, I hope I am wrong, but I still feel like reaching the sweet 16 is this team's realistic ceiling

I Need Spa
  5. charlestfuller

charlestfuller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with the ceiling being the Sweet 16, maybe the Elite 8. A lot of people are picking Davidson to pull off this year's 12-5 upset though too haha

6. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would probably go with UNC...and maybe W. Virginia as a lotto-play

7. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol at everyone thinking Arizona would do something this year. Of course I picked them against Buffalo, but so many people thought they had a realistic shot at the Final 4.

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that and UVA losing right now, I suddenly feel better about my very lucky Wildcats

I Need Spa
  9. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Betting favorites this year can weigh heavily on your bankroll this year. I'm living proof.

10. vegasvp

vegasvp VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.

Loyola is tough. Ben Richardson and Clayton Custer were four-time state champions in Kansas. Nice to see them doing well.

11. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ben Richardson. Makes you believe!

12. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will someone beat Michigan already....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not yet...Michigan still needs to win.

I am also feeling good about my alma mater...The Ferris State Bulldogs! Division II champs.

14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are my chances of Kansas winning the next two? Can finish 3rd in a bracket contest (212 entries) that would pay 15% of the pool around $350 (Great for Vegas bankroll) I see they are 5 point dogs to Villanova and yesterday 3 point dogs to Duke.
    Is this just gonna tease me all week? :blink: Opinions please!! TIA!

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with that. Nova has been playing really well this tournament and well, the whole season. If these guys keep playing like they have, they will be in the Championship.

16. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well since my Aggies couldn't do it ... and because I'll be at the D this weekend anyway, I hope Michigan goes all the way. Would be really fun to see Derek's bet hit and I know Saturday is going to be crazy... I was there a couple years ago when he had a similar bet on Michigan State and they made the Final Four... that Saturday was a lot of fun until they lost to Duke.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
  17. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm expecting the Kansas-Nova game to be the actual championship, as do the books I'm sure. I expect Nova to win it all at this point, but it would be nice to see Loyola do it!

18. jtdestef

jtdestef Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate to keep bringing up my Wolfpack's 1983 team, but people thought the same thing about the Houston/Louisville game in 83. That didn't work out too well for Houston. A lot of people thought the same again in 85 with Georgetown/St John's. Nova proved everyone wrong that year too. I think the 2 best teams are playing in the Nova/Kansas game, but history has proven that you shouldn't write off the other semi-final game.

19. vegasvp

vegasvp VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, my Auburn bet went no where. They looked like crap even when they won.
    But I do have $20 for Nova which I got in February for 6 to one. Looking pretty good right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.