1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New "Augmented Reality" Experience Coming to Linq

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Sonya, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://vegasinc.lasvegassun.com/news/2018/mar/13/new-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-the-str/

I am old and have no idea what an "augmented reality experience" is. So I had to click the article to see what it is:

So, kind of like a mix of Rainforest Cafe and Disneyland and a music festival with holograms, but with booze?

2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $100 million:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right? I’ll be the second to call BS! (Unless this another invest-for-a-green card thing where no one expects to get back dime one.)

4. mairsil

mairsil Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (Full disclosure: I have a patent in VR technology and have a released PS4 VR game)

Having said that, who actually wants this? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still not clear on what it is. Is it a nightclub? Restaurant? Bar? Show? All those things?

I'd be curious about the hologram thing, but not curious enough to spend $$$ or navigate the velvet rope line. But I'm also clearly not the target market.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to call that a Dead show :goofy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Batesy2000

Batesy2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a geek and a geek with VR I read the article coming to one conclusion.

Never going to happen.

I don't think he realises what VR and augmented reality really is. Nor does he understand it's limitations. People won't want any form of this. SeaWorld added VR to a ride, it rarely worked and enhanced nothing.

This chap has been watching to much Star Trek dreaming for a holodeck.

8. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I re-read this proposal, and along with the advent of the MGM sphere made me think this is possibly a nod to the EDM and millennials who don’t frequent the clubs but match the demo ? Still party people with the disposable income, but not interested in coming to Vegas to attend the new teams and stadiums ( or gamble ) ?

Maybe making a push to be more inclusive for people who don’t have the budgets for bottle service or maybe aren’t clubbers ?

@Batesy2000 I have no idea of the limitations or appeal of VR, sounds approachable as a way to get bodies through a doorway though. Tuning it to different audiences day and night is an interesting concept to me.

If the infrastructure on the Kind Heaven was built well would it support what is coming down the line with that tech ?

It’s interesting to me that there seems to be a little push to make visual attractions that aren’t the Cirque sort of shows, a little more Electric Daisy.

Obviously I have no idea if these two projects are even related in appeal or related at all, but it made me think about Vegas and how they are at the forefront of new entertainment, tech, and marketing.

I would likely go to both venues, and I’m old. Maybe I need a VR setup where I can succeed in really chasing those kids off my lawn.

9. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is one of his April Fool’s Day trick. Kind of like the time they put out the proposal for the outdoor shops replacing the Bellagio Fountains.
    Just wanted to be the first to say it for the record.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if it's not too much trouble, just go ahead and take my name off the guest list. If the target demographic is millennials...:cool:

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
  11. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Millennials money is what Vegas is looking for.

12. Batesy2000

Batesy2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly this is true but once Vegas becomes contaminated by Millennials then it's time to stop going. They'll ruin everything with their ideologies and outrage. They fail to conceive things were different in the past and judge everything based on the present. They are the most entitled and self-absorbed generation in human history.

13. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't know 3/2 from 6/5, they just sit at any open table. That's why 3/2 is about done.

14. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lollapalooza Chicago was announced this week...listed as a performer is Perry Farrell's Kind Heaven. Not sure what that means. Lolla takes place in early August.

Also the Vital Vegas article says it will be 3 to seven stories tall between Linq and Flamingo, close to Las Vegas Blvd.
    Excuse me for asking, but won't that block the whole Linq Promenade that CE has spent so much time building and promoting? What about the new zip line going in? Where else would they put this thing? East of the High Roller? No, there is a convention center going in there.
    I tend to agree with above posters that this is possibly an April Fools Joke.

15. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.