1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fried Chicken

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by carrie_dave_and_cody, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with that! Year's ago we invited some of the staff from work to watch the fireworks from our deck. One of them was the sweetest young lady who wanted to bring something. We kept telling our guests that we had everything there... no need to bring anything. She then asked if she could make her family's fried chicken recipe. Man were we all glad. I provided the chicken, but she brought everything else, including lots of Crisco! She cooked in a very large and deep skillet, but the Crisco when melted only covered half the chicken and she turned each piece. Before cooking, she soaked all the chicken in buttermilk I think.

I honestly think that's the best fried-chicken I've ever eaten!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to try out Blue Ribbon. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know it existed!

3. VivaSladeVegas

VivaSladeVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue Ribbon is very good. It also used to be available at Brooklyn Bowl, I believe a bit cheaper than the Bally's location and certainly cheaper than the restaurant at Cosmopolitan.

4. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always thought Blue Ribbon at Cosmon was a sushi joint.

5. VivaSladeVegas

VivaSladeVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was Blue Ribbon Sushi until early last year and then reopened as Blue Ribbon Restaurant. It's very good, excellent catfish and cocktails.

I think they actually may have had fried chicken when it was Blue Ribbon Sushi too.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.