1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D and Golden Gate Raised Their Resort Fee

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by mikel123, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking to book and it appears the resort fee has gone from $20+tax to $25+tax per night, so $28.25 total. Ridiculous... I hope all of this resort fee nonsense stops soon.

2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    eff that! I assume they will grandfather prior reservations. I am booked at the D for april 1 and 2 and it is not comped, so I am expecting to pay $20 per night.

3. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you get to use the workout room!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :kill:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please report back with what happens. I'm curious as to what the practice will be here.

My guess is that they will try to charge the new amount (since, technically, it's a charge that you incur at the hotel, not when you book it).

But I'd get hard-nosed with them and say that I agreed to pay $20, not $25. Here's the printout of my booking. That's what it says. $25 is incorrect. Do what you have do to figure it out.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the Golden Gate. I like the Golden Gate. They might as well just call it the "Because We Can" fee since there is nothing about that hotel that even says resort. Well, except your bill!

Edited....

Okay, this is what they offer for the resort fee:

"Resort Fee will include free high speed Wi-Fi access, grants entry to the fitness center, $10 off the D Showroom tickets and free local and toll-free calls"

$28.25/day (total) is what it comes to when you plug in dates...

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And be sure to use all your free local calls. :rolleyes2:

I'll update the resort fee sticky. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get hard nosed with them when the "high-speed wifi" is going so slow that I can't check my email (happens often) and get that day's charge taken off. If they're going to specifically list the reasons you're paying this nonsensical fee, they better be prepared to deliver on those items.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d like to say I’m shocked, but I’m not. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol... The D a resort...

At least the El Co has balls to call it what it is... An amenity fee

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's easier math. 25$ is a multiple of 100-1000-100000-1000000 $'s. 4-40-4000-40000. The new property is coming on line and we can get this paid for quicker due to our new investors. TYVM.

This is getting better than when they charged an energy fee back when or the taxi fuel surcharge, which when figured over the long haul wasn't a surcharge but accummulated to paying for the tank of gas.

As bugs bunny said once or a bunch of times--"What a bunch of morooons".

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked before the raise, you should be at the old rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go a step further, and demand a partial refund on the room's rate or a dining credit, because this is a much bigger problem than not delivering an advertised service.

You paid your resort fee? You are supposed to get what you paid for, including wifi.

You didn't get what you paid for, but you still paid? There are now two problems...

1. They have your money after failing to provide you with what you paid that money for - meaning they must give it back to you

2. You must expend time and labour to obtain this refund, since they won't give it to you automatically.

I'm putting emphasis on that second point for a very good reason. You may not think it's a big deal to just go up to the front desk and tell them what the problem is. But in fact, it actually is a very big problem. Here's why...

- The hotel has a duty to deliver its advertised services which you paid for.

- Within that duty, is the need to sufficiently staff the property to detect and resolve problems.

- As you have detected a problem, and now are seeking to resolve it, you are effectively taking on the hotel's responsibility for them by doing quality assurance work.

- Normally, this is part of a job that somebody would get paid to do.

- However, even though you are doing these tasks, not only are you not getting paid... you are being made to do somebody else's job while you are a paying guest. Think about that for a second. Their failure to ensure that their wifi is working has effectively caused you, as a customer, to be recruited to basically work at the hotel, for free, WHILE you are their guest.

- That's not even the "central" problem, though. The "central" problem is in the fact that you are working for free, to recover money that you should not have had to pay in the first place, since the service was not provided to you.

- So, for them to give you your money back is a given. You didn't get what you paid for, so obviously you will not pay. That's about as natural as breathing air.

- But for you to have to expend your own time and do work just to recover money you should not have had to pay... that justifies compensation for your time and labour, just as an employee might expect compensation for doing the same.

- That's not even the "big" problem, though. The "big" problem is that on top of working for free, fighting for refunds, AND fighting for time compensation, you still didn't get what you TRIED to pay for.

- More specifically, you stayed at the hotel with the knowledge that they had wifi available, right? You paid your resort fee, as advertised, expecting to be able to utilize this amenity as a result of paying for it.

- Now, after all of this ruckus, even if you do get your money back and a dining credit to compensate you for your time... you STILL haven't even gotten online yet. That is why it's the "big" problem of this situation. You now have to go to Starbucks, or McDonald's, or some other place that has wifi... going out of your way, and undergoing inconvenience - all because the hotel didn't have the advertised amenity.

In summary, wifi being included in the resort fee and the wifi not working is a much bigger deal than just getting your money back. You must take time, expend effort, and undergo inconvenience just to get what you paid for when you booked the hotel (a property with working wifi), and paid the resort fee (granting you access to that wifi).

Simply saying "here's your resort fee back" disrespects me as both a customer and a human. Which I don't even consider to be hard-nosed. I'd consider this to be basic common courtesy.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  15. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure there is something in the small print about an estimated for your stay and fees are subject to change. I haven’t read it but it’s pretty standard.

16. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You pay the old resort fee price if you booked before they raised it.

17. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....comped rooms at GG are not subject to a resort fee (total cost: $0)....however, you do NOT get the free wifi... but you can use the fitness center at the D... SMH

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like the Plaza also raised their Resort Fee. When I checked out last week I was wonder why my bill was almost $20 more then expected. Upon further inspection I see the Resort Fee changed from when I made the reservation. That is a joke though that the GG raised their "Resort Fee". Fast Wireless ha! My home Wireless is several times faster than the GG.

19. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Golden Nugget raised their resort fees it only applied to reservations made after they announced it. They let us keep the older resort fees that were in place when we booked.

20. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's also waved at The D. Last time I stayed there, I was able to use the WiFi for free as well. I'll find out more on Monday I guess. But, I'm willing to bet that on all the comped rooms it's waved.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.