1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else going to Mandalay Millions April 12-15?

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by VegasDave, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Mandalay Bay coming in the 13th early enough for registration in the event at 930am. Anyone else going to this one? Looks like there are 4 events that happen through the year with the final drawing being in December. Anyone do this last year and can speak to the event setup, how many players they let in and where it falls as far as slot tournaments and being better or worse than others?

Definitely looking forward to it!! Would meet up with others going, will be there with another friend in the tournament and then our third buddy.

2. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the first tournament last year. I think I have a trip report from it. I did not return to the other three.

The format was a bit different last year, as there were cash incentives if you made the top 5 over both days(which no one did...)
    This year looks like it is all freeplay. They had one cocktail waitress the whole time and no open bar (except at the awards dinner the 2nd day) so don't expect timely drinks while playing. It was a big crowd, maybe 300-400 entrants??

For a free tourney, it's alright. Good luck!!! I did better gambling on my own...I think it was the second day of the tourney I was pissed after a sucky score so I went on over to HL slots and hit for 8 grand on my first spin on the 25$ WoF. That made for a nice trip.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit! That will definitely dry the tears up real quick from a bad tourney score. The lady I spoke to in the host office made it seem like a big event, but your description sounds like any other tournament at CET I have been to. Just got the info in the mail today, $35k is the top prize where I thought it was the full prize pool so I got a little happier! Going to propose the idea to my buddy of splitting anything we win down the middle to give each of us a better chance.

4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I googled for more info and possibly pictures and your TR came up lol. Even funnier is I replied to it a half dozen times or so!!

5. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host at MB made it sound like it was a pretty small event. Based on FP pays, it looks very small. I was there during one of the events last year but since I receive $700+FP from my corporate offer, it would be crazy for me to drop that to just win $100 FP in a small tourny. Hopefully you make out well and get in the top 3!

6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odd, I booked my regular marketing offer with fp and rfb then booked this after so I think I have both.

7. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope they let you get it all when you show up! MB is notoriously stingy on FP offers, especially trying to double dip on anything. I have an Executive Host and even he couldnt (wouldnt) add it on with my FP offer. If I were to take the tourny and get last, he would for sure give me a bump to get close to my original FP offer but still not worth my time for such a small tourny

8. katalyst

katalyst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to this. It's my first tournament. Oddly my host has me coming in on the 12th for reservation at 6:30. I got the usual mailer but don't have a schedule so I don't know what else happens besides showing up and mashing buttons.

9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awww I received this slot tourney offer from my host ... matter fact my MB host really only host really Consistent with offers always emailing me and inviting me to these type of events.. she’s awesome lady. I would love to attend but that weekend is my daughters prom!!! Darn it!!! As the kids get older thought things will be easier but now I have to think about their college applications, proms, boy friends & girl friends, it’s just endless one after others!!! Don’t they know I have to go Vegas like every other month??! Lol well as of now my first trip to Vegas is not till May ... matterfact it’s at MB for poker tourney and U2 concert and I really hope we can make this trip!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, show up and mash buttons but the button mashing doesn’t begin until Friday. You can come in Thursday if you want to get your preferred time slot during the day as I understand it. if you decide to come Friday, make sure to change your room reservation to Friday as well so they don’t put you down as a no call no show and cancel you altogether

11. katalyst

katalyst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Already got my flight so Thursday it is

12. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dave, were you really able to book your marketing offer and the tourney? I was told it wasn't possible.

If you were, I'm guessing you get a whole Lotta free play and have no limit on rfb?

Just curious since mlife properties have tightened up so much.

• Like Like x 2
  13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did them through separate people as I don’t have a host. I had barely anything honestly, think $75 in rfb and $100 Freeplay. The slot tourney invite came without a room offer and I just replied to an invite from a general marketing person. For my room I called and booked through vip services with a buddy of mine and they hooked up connectors.

I’m going in thinking they may not give me both but hopeful. The slot tourney came with the $100 and I would be fine with that plus the $35k I win at the tournament.

Just a quick edit, I think Mandalay has loosened up some because they are hurting for business. They satisfied every request I had for my 3 day trip and extended it last minute to be 4 days in a large connected suite.

14. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never gotten anything specific from MB re offers but just received an invite for the Millions slot tournament. Not sure if it's worth a trip out to Vegas but we'll see. I have never played at MB - my usual is Aria/Bellagio - but I have a stay coming up at Delano.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.