1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas, here I come! Mirage 3/7-12

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Basil, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those pickles and fried chicken skin look amazing! Good luck today really appreciate your report.

2. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spent the night getting destroyed at Cromwell and bellagio. Finally made it past midnight and woke up a bit confused due to the time change.

Morning check is done and coffee is acquired. Again, no specific plans for today. We shall see where the day goes.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer about last night but glad the morning check is done and you have coffee in hand. I am a major planner for Vegas but I like "no specific plans" too. I actually "plan" for that. LOL.

Good luck today. Enjoy the Vegas air and vibe. I'm so ready for it. April 5th can't come quickly enough.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Destroyed doesn't sound good. :( Better luck today!

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on what it really means.
    by hookers? by alcohol or other substance? by slot machines or tables?
    The last one is definitely not good.

6. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, it was the bad kind

Hung around for the morning playing a variety of games then headed over to the bellagio for a late lunch/early dinner.

Food

[​IMG]

Food

[​IMG]

And more food

[​IMG]

Plus dessert.

[​IMG]

Had one good hit at the bar afterwards, but that didn’t list. Continue to lose. Now playing 1-3nl at the bellagio poker room

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thing is at The Palazzo, when you come in from the pedestrian bridge from Wynn, go up the escalator and it's right there.

8. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR so far! Good luck!

9. Hollywood31

Hollywood31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    read something about a death from a fight at the Mirage on Saturday or Sunday. Hear or see anything?

10. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you remember where you read this from? I couldn't find anything via a Google search.

11. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the airport now, racing the storm home. Will do a final day write up probably tomorrow.

I did not. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary

12. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travel home.

13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone tweeted it and vitalvegas retweeted it. I'd start there

14. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Report. Safe travels.

15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Thanks for taking us along!

16. Hollywood31

Hollywood31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegaslocally Twitter maybe?

17. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

18. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologies for the delayed final update- between the blizzard (bomb cyclone?) and work deciding to very quickly remind me why I needed a vacation to begin with, time has gotten away from me. So now, without further ado:

The (not really) thrilling conclusion of Basilquest 2018:

We left with our hero sitting in the Bellagio poker room, playing some 1-3NL. Interesting table, and I had a good run of cards. This was helped by the Sammy Farha wannabe overbetting pre-flop (all of a sudden it became a 1-3-100 game). My favorite was the first hand we played together. I'm on the button with about $400, while Sammy Farha Wannabe (SFWB for short) is under the gun (first to act after the big blind) with about $300 behind. This is maybe his third hand, but it was already clear that he was here to play crazy.

SFWB opens the pot to $100 and starts talking about wanting some action. I look down at Ace-King of spades and put a cap on my cards. He looks at me and says "come on, go all in. You know you want to" to which I say "Okay" and shove. Both blinds fold, and SFWB insta-calls. "Aces?" I ask, and he says "no, you're ahead". Cards are laid out, and no king, no ace. I sigh and announce "Ace high" as I flip my cards over. He stops, looks at his cards, looks at the board, looks back at his cards, shows them to his neighbor, looks at his cards again, looks at the board again (this goes on for a couple of minutes), finally mutters something about a kicker, and mucks his hand (his neighbor later confirmed that he had Ace-Small and also missed the board).

This was the start of a great run as I hit a couple of flushes and a couple of full houses, while also having the table convinced I was a complete luckbox and hitting every hand, even though I almost never showed down a hand. All my bluffs were working as they were all convinced I was that lucky. Ended up cashing in when SFWB left (I had already decided it was my last orbit before he left) with about $1100. Awkward moment when I ran into him at the cashier cage and he asked "Oh, the fish left, so you decided to rack up?" "That, or I have a flight tomorrow" was my response, with a smile. But he was right.

Did a walk around the conservatory: always beautiful, even if most of the time is spent dodging selfies:
    IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG

Then made my way over to Cromwell for some high card flush. Once again, a rough start, and soon found myself buying back in, when suddenly things took a turn. I got a 6 card flush, with a 3 card straight flush. Sweet! About 10 hands later, I'm down to the last of my reds, thinking this is my last hand to make sure I cash in my win from the 6 card, when what do I see? A 6 card flush, with a 3 card straight flush. Again. Sweet!
    Played a little longer, then realized I was hungry. Cashed out, and hit up Eatwell for the street tacos

IMG_0734.JPG

They were tasty. I like that little operation- efficient and friendly with good choices for some late night eats.

I make my way back to the Mirage for one last Royal chase. A couple of quads, but no Royal (still)

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Finally realize it's almost 3 am, and we're getting up at 8 to head to the airport. I head back upstairs, set a second alarm to back up Ford's, and soon enough I'm asleep.

Despite concerns about the storms that were heading to New England, both of my flights were on time (LAS-PHL, PHL-PVD). Even got upgraded to first on the short flight, which was a nice end to the trip. Made it home before any snow, and woke up to ALL THE SNOW!!! But that's a story for another day.

Thanks all for following along and the encouragement. A fun trip, and finally got to cross downtown off my list. Not a winning trip by a long shot, but plenty of good times, and that's really what I'm looking for. Until next year (unless I manage to finagle something in the interim)!

• Like Like x 5
  19. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had fun following along. Thanks for the dedication. For some reason, what is sticking in my mind from this whole TR is ".. fried chicken skins"!

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  20. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty much what's sticking in my mind as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.