1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linq upgrades

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by stripview, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stripview

stripview Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed out tomorrow!! Not sure how much I care or how much effort to make at this, but wondering what kind of upgrade I could shoot for at check-in at the Linq? Reservation is for a Deluxe room.

If I do the online check-in will it offer me anything? or will it just assign me a room already reserved and I'm done. I have no idea what's available as far as better rooms or a view to shoot for. Any help from those who have stayed here would be awesome. Can't wait to get there, the weather looks amazing, near record high Friday. I'm tired of being cold. :)

2. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed here last Friday night on a free night. When we got to the front desk we played nice and told her we were thinking of switching over to TR from Mlife (we actually are) and it was our first time there. We offered to pay an upgrade fee if something nicer was available, so she put us in a suite that was actually quite nice on the 18th floor. $50 plus tax for the night. No sandwich but I did slip her a $20 as we walked away. I think for trying to get something better it’s usually best to speak with someone in person. YMMV. Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There really aren't a ton of room types available at Linq. You could try for a king suite (or queen suite if you want two beds), which adds a separate living area with its own TV, sofa, and wet bar.

They upgraded me to this room at the diamond check-in without me even asking. I'm no High Roller, so maybe they aren't too hard to come by when tipping for an upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always take the upgrade to the suite from the comped room when we stay there. Last time we were able to get the upgrade fee taken off via back end comps. THe extra space is nice for the down times.

• Like Like x 2
  5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this what the Luv Tub suites turned into?

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, I never stayed at the IP. It's not a huge suite, listed at 600 sq ft on the website. Basically just a regular room for the bedroom, then the bar and living room next to it.

7. Doughy

Doughy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, It's the old Luv tub suite... Much better now lol.

Have a victorious day!
  8. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're a pool person and like to get cabanas they have a cabana suite. It's just a normal hotel room located on the pool level and the back glass door of the room exits to your own private cabana overlooking the pool.

I don't know if i'm describing it clearly but check out youtube vids and pics on the subject

9. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been offered a free upgrade in 3 visits to the Linq, even when I asked for one. Couple times a paid upgrade was offered which I declined.

Good luck trying!

10. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had an upgrade in Oct. Payed $50 extra for a suite. It was nice but we didn't really get much use of the lounge area. Bar was fun and having a second restroom was cool. Video in my TR if you want to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.