1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking Cosmo Identity Nights...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm currently Gold tier at Cosmo, but this ends in March.

Unfortunately, I was not able to use my two extra identity nights for Gold, but my gold status ends a couple weeks before my next trip, which is in April. (I would have re-triggered gold, but unfortunately we can't get out until a few weeks after my tier reboots. :cry:)

When I DO go out on my next trip, I'll be Sterling (one identity night), but not gold (two).

I know I will lose my gold identity nights, but since I did hit Sterling again, will I be able to schedule my Sterling identity night if I book now through a host, or do I need to wait to add the identity night once I drop down to Sterling?

Knowing this will help me pick the right dates before I bug my host.

Thanks all!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know for sure, but I think your host will be able to project that you'll be Sterling on the date you want to book, and so should be able to go ahead and book it, unless their system prevents it. This is one thing I wouldn't hesitate to "bug" a host about.

When I emailed Identity to get stats from my last trip, they were able to give me my anniversary date and also the date that previous tier points were going to start rolling off.

Even if your host can't book that one night now, if you know your anniversary date, you know where you are going to stand the day after, so you should be pretty confident you'll be able to add the night then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JUST who I was hoping would reply!!!! Thanks so much Chuck. She actually already verified that I've already hit Sterling, so it shouldn't be a problem now that I have your feedback.

I think I'll book the 4 nights and let her know I'm going to add on the identity sterling night at the end, once it's available.

If she can book it then, she will. If she can't, she'll add it later or I can just call in.

Thanks for letting me "bug" you. (I know you love when I use that phrase...)

Teasing aside, thank you so much again Chuck, I really appreciate the detailed, beautifully-explained response....as always!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn’t it a sign that you should have a spontaneous trip in March? I know you love long trips, but a 3 night trip won’t be too bad.
    You are on West Coast, the flights should be rather easy. Besides, weather in March usually pleasant.

• Love Love x 1
  5. fraygul

fraygul Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have this exact situation. I booked through the reservation line. What they did is put me down at my 'rate' for the one day and told me to call in after my tier drops to switch it to my sterling. Which reminds me, I should do that today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! JeJas you always make me grin. I was seriously trying to make March work, but I just can't swing it at work and other, and a few more weeks will just make it even more enjoyable when we're there.

The world won't end if I don't keep Gold for now...but trust me, I did do a bit of headbanging when I knew how close I was.

Thanks for making my morning...this made me grin, and I'm already chomping at the bit!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Love Love x 1
  7. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

The assumption seems to be that you have to be Gold both when you make the reservation and for the stay. But since you are Gold now, couldn't you make a reservation using your Gold identity nights now for a later stay when you are no longer Gold?

I need all the luck I can get!
  8. fraygul

fraygul Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In case someone lurks this later looking for this.. I just called and switched the night over and it was no problem at all.

I don't believe you can. I explained the situation when I booked and they didn't tell me I could book the nights now because I am gold (plus I only needed one). The person I spoke to was so helpful, I'm sure they would have just done that because it would have been way easier and they seem to actually care that they are doing the right thing for you there unlike a few places I have stayed ;). I'm very close to renewing gold too. I will have it again the first day back, I just couldn't get anything to roll in my favour last trip and ugh. haha

9. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Just didn't know whether it could be done.

I need all the luck I can get!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You're already guaranteed to be Sterling after the anniversary date. So then it would take a systems issue/policy to prevent you from booking it now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do give you a full year to use them, that seems pretty reasonable. It's in line with things like CET's Diamond Celebration Dinner.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And just in case anyone ELSE is reading this :D who has no history with Cosmo or is still sub-Sterling:

If you hit Sterling but fall short of Gold on a trip, use your Sterling night on your next trip. If you hit Gold on the next trip (and it's within your player year), your anniversary date resets and you get two more nights for reaching Gold.

• Love Love x 1
  13. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this turned into a bit of a catch all thread, was I supposed to receive some sort of notification for reaching Sterling? I was looking forward to using the comp night (hopefully with another room offer) for a trip later this year to hit Gold. I didn’t get anything after my trip
    in January showing the status change or explaining the benefits.

Glad to hear the bump in status resets the available comp nights. I had hoped that was how it worked, so thanks for the confirmation Chuck.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't believe they send anything when you reach a tier level. I thought I had received something, but I went back and looked and all I could find was an email I sent them after a trip a few years ago asking them to confirm I had reached Gold. I do that after every trip now because I had one trip where I originally didn't get the tier points for upgrade fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto this. I've never received anything when I do a tier jump. I only know because I am really watchful of coin-in.

But, their tier jumps/perks are so good, I have no problem not getting notified :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, if you pay attention to the session points display that shows up in the bottom right corner of a lot of the machines, once you reach Sterling, you may notice that you're getting two points for $2.50 coin in instead of one. There's no jump in the multiplier when you reach Gold, it stays at 2x until your reach Platinum, then you get 3x.

If you know what your anniversary date is and you're intending on reaching Gold, if it's the last trip of your player year, make sure you keep up on your status at the Identity Desk, you don't want to fall a few hundred points short just because you were guessing.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.