1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upscale ($80+) solo meal MLife Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by EugeneChoi, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas in a few weeks on a Wednesday night. I will be alone, in a suit, and looking to celebrate with a nice meal. I am looking to spend no more than $150 and would like to earn tier credits at Mlife.

I've never spent more than $60 on a dinner before so I am very excited to treat myself. I am thinking Picasso since I will be staying at the Bellagio.

I have a basic palate and prefer American or contemporary food

Any recommendations?

2. MistakeMaker

MistakeMaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figure you'll be safe with the multitude of top tier dining choices in your immediate vicinity at Bellagio. If you're willing to make a slight journey, Craftsteak was an amazing meal from beginning to end. The seafood tower had everything (including caviar), the filet was top notch, sides were massive, and our server also knew the menu inside and out and was super helpful. It put our other nice dinner of the trip (Stack at Mirage) to shame being honest. Mlife has plenty of options though, so outside of a few notable exceptions, you really can't go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd probably say Prime @ Bellagio, or wander across to Jean Georges @ Aria.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say Emeril's Seafood house at MGM Grand. A top notch restaurant if you don't want to get "heavy" on the red meat.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Tender at the Luxor or Camelot at Excalibur for a great steak dinner at about $100.00

Unless you're drinking (I don't), I think that <$100 for a solo meal is kinda "wasted" because it ends up being too much, or not worth the expense. I guess I can't really appreciate Wagyu beef at the outrageous prices that they charge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really appreciate all of your responses.

I can see myself changing my reservation a dozen times between now and then but for now I have decided to REALLY splurge and go for the once in a lifetime meal at Robuchon. I'll be going for one of the cheaper options. Whatever I do decide, I will be sure to post pictures back here.

Thank you again!

• Like Like x 2
  7. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the tasting menu at l'atelier, which is right next to (and priced lower than ) Joel robuchon, and i thought it was fantastic

• Love Love x 1
  8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque does a superb job serving single diners at the bar. It will probably be over $150, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage at Aria is also a good choice

• Like Like x 1
  10. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I happen to work at a restaurant bar and have come to appreciate the value of quality service. I would be really interested to see how it’s done on the professional level at such a highly rated restaurant. I am also very excited to experience the service at Robuchon. Le Cirque might be what I swap to if I change my mind.

11. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Carbone. Done deal.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  12. r53sc

r53sc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked The Fix at bellagio. The bartenders are really nice. The steak was really good for the money IMO, and give them your mlife card and you will get a ton of TC's. For one person $150 cap you can eat at any of the restaurants there and stay in budget as long as you don't go for any wine lol. American/contemporary food at B and its a celebration dinner...Prime. Searsucker next door at Caesar's Palace is casual but good steak. I did the tomahawk ribeye there and it was like a big event for them. I have similar tastes and my only suggestion would be check the menus first at places like Picasso because some of the stuff is weird stuff that I personally don't find appetizing lol. Stuff like foie gras mousse that I just think is gross lol. Anyway, it sounds like you made a decision so good luck!

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, IMHO, there's "quality service" and "annoying quality service". I recall eating at Michael's at the old Barbary Coast. A very elegant restaurant that prided itself on fine food and quality service.

8 of us were seated at a round table in a dark room. I recall eating appetizers, olives with pits, and I put the pits down on a plate after eating the olive. When I turned back, I noticed that the olive pit was gone. I did it a couple more times, and the pit mysteriously disappeared. On the fourth one, I made sure to keep an eye on the pit, and I saw that a restaurant employee (don't know what his title was, "olive pit remover" maybe(?) was coming up and deftly removing them with two spoons in one hand. I looked around, and there were about 4 people standing by to do that, plus bring water, etc. Nice, but a little annoying that they added that many employees to a table.

14. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seconding Jean Georges at Aria. Great steak and an elegant vibe without being too stuffy. Old-school bartenders are a hoot if you get them talking. Carbone in Aria is also amazing food but much more casual. If you're in a suit make it JG.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you’re in a suit, make it Le Cirque LoL

16. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime Steakhouse

17. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd walk over to Aria and Carbone's -awesome service, amazing food.

18. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Robuchon sounds amazing.

But, if you do end up changing your mind, I highly recommend Michael Mina. I ate their solo on my last trip - I splashed out and did the tasting with pairings which was incredible, but way too much. I'd go for the prix-fixe menu if you are able/willing to eat early. Plus, as a solo diner, I liked that I was able to eat at the bar ---- got attentive service from a great bartender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.