1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

4 Queens issues

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by jimshan, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used this in Italy about 5 years ago I thought it was a very good idea. I'm surprised that it hasn't been used here yet.

TomTWI

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cleo5

Cleo5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know why anyone would make excuses for hair left in the bathroom. I worked in hospitality my entire life, and there is no excuse. I don't care how many, straight or curly, etc. I' m scratching 4Q off my list of possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to stay at 4Qs...I love their comp rate...but the rooms and beds are too outdated. I'm not that picky. The Grand, MSS and Cal are wonderful in my opinion and way ahead of the 4Qs rooms. Actually, after seeing pics of the rooms at EI (Super 8 Motel), I think they're even better than the 4Qs.

4. Batesy2000

Batesy2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed South Tower (free upgrade) at 4Q in October. The room was clean and everything was great but hearing about the CC issue has never worried. We were all for returning there this year. I'm liking the idea of a CC for travel only.

5. mylthazzz

mylthazzz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there one night in December and got upgraded to a premium suite. It was nice, but there was very poor lighting in the living room and the upgrades were pretty half assed. The toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall, the shower bar wasn't on properly and was only secured with one screw (I don't use it, but it seems like that wouldn't be able to support someone who really needs it), the HD TV had a SD signal coming through it, and that was weird water pressure issues with the shower when using the side sprays. Also, if you intend to use the side sprays make sure you put them on before you get in. If you start it mid-way through the shower it comes out super cold first.

Overall it was nice since I only paid $35, but I don't think I would pay the advertised price for that night ($155).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is very common in Ontario Canada where I live; can't recall the last time we didn't have the device brought to the table to process the credit card payment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the record, you put "pooping" in quotes. Which makes me wonder what you're really doing there sitting on the toilet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Defecating.

9. Crapsplaya

Crapsplaya Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told by a friend to stay anywhere downtown besides 4 Queens. I'll take their word for it!!

10. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed there 3 nights and aside from the Fremont concerts which are a known factor for everyone, I was quite pleased with the 4queens South Tower room. A/C worked great, beds were fine, shower was excellent, elevators were no issue. This was Thursday - Sunday.
    No sign of fraudulent CC charges. Like many others I think those can happen anywhere.

USBC Nationals
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been common in Canada for years. I always pay with cash in the US so haven't even noticed. Chips are on cards so there has to be a PIN entered as well.

12. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that Applebee's has units at the tables that you can pay your bill on a credit card. I think that the server has to bring you a receipt from some main station though if you want one. Think Chili's has them too.

13. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Issues aside- question for you all. I have a basic North tower room booked towards the end of February. I’m on an absolute scrounge trip (complete with Spirit Airlines) and I’m thankful I booked this room when I did. From what I’ve seen, I’ll be staying at 4Q because of the price. I stayed at the Fremont last year, eye level canopy view, and survived- barely. That being said, what should I ask for when I check in at the Queens as far as a room? In order, my priorities are; same price, as quiet as possible.

Also- is there a coupon book or anything to ask about at check in?

Thanks!

14. Codym002

Codym002 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can, get into the south tower. If you have a players card you should be able to upgrade, their comps are pretty good. I stayed in a north tower last time and heard the elevators all night long, wouldn't have been so bad but the A.C. wasn't great. Had enough of g'pas cough medicine to sleep but I won't book north tower again.

15. taaff

taaff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talk yourself at check-in into a South Tower room or as high as you can get in the North Tower.

Don’t remember any coupon book on check-In.

16. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your credit card could have been read while in your pocket. I have one of those rfid blocking wallets that I keep my cards in when traveling.

17. jimshan

jimshan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im surprised this thread is still alive! 4 Queens switched my room, 2nd room was what a 4 Queens north tower room is. A bit dumpy but clean and well located, I didn't have any issues with it. The whole credit card thing turned into a whole fiasco. It was a Total Rewards Visa, and all i can say, if you are travelling and using a total rewards visa, make sure you have another card with you! Issuing bank wouldn't send my new card to Vegas, instead to my empty home's porch, where it blew well into the back yard, luckily there was no snow when i got back home! I fought with them all week, got so frustrated i was literally yelling at a manager to get me an F'Ing credit card before check out. The handed it off to Visa, who in turn after 2 days of back and forth finally got me a card, on Saturday at noon. I had to check out Sunday at 4 am. Visa called me, to confirm receipt, and told me this was an emergency card, no activation was needed, it would be enough to get me checked out of the hotel. Well 4 am Sunday, the card was rejected for being expired. At that point, I called Chase, which i have a Signature card through, but left at home, and asked them if they could give me the# so i could check out of a hotel, after verifying my identity, they did. So I highly recommend Chase,o and would not suggest the Total Rewards Visa, at least not with out a strong back up. As to how this happened to begin with, im still betting on the hotel employee, who according to the Manager never should have seen my card, she was supposed to have me insert it into a machine. I did have a debit card with me, and no issues with it, which leads me to think it wasn;t skimmed in my pocket, but really who knows. This definitely dampened my vacation though, I spent at least 6 -8 hours during the week with the CC issuing bank and Visa. Entirely to much.

18. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get the "oh my god, I found a hair, I'm never coming back again" thing. Just like anyone else, I don't like finding hairs in the bathroom, but after years staying in many LV hotels, the truth is that it's not rare to find, which is backed up by several in this thread that have chimed in with similar experiences. So, since 4Q is off your list due a third party report of hairs, I'm curious which hotels you are staying at that never have hairs found in the room.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't be too sure credit card theft was the hotel. Numbers that are stolen are often not used right away.

Pity about the dirty room and such though.

20. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take wet wipes with me and wipe everything down. It takes 10 minutes, and I know the room is clean. I'm not going to spend my time in Vegas worried about anything other than having a good time.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.