1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liquor delivery to Golden Nugget?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by sallypilot, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sallypilot

sallypilot Tourist

Is there anyone that will deliver liquor to the nugget? I have family that is going to be staying there, and I would like to have a bottle waiting for them in the room when they get there. Thanks!

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If geographically possible, try to be the last to pack their bag/bring it to the car. Slip the bottle with a bow into the suitcase and have them call you when checked in to the room. (Provided it is a checked bag). Or if not physically there could you arrange with someone taking them to the airport?
    Good luck however it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If sneaking it into the luggage is possible, keep in mind that alcohol >24% is subject to hazardous materials regulations in checked baggage.

Otherwise, maybe you could call the Golden Nugget and have it mailed to a bell captain or someone else who works there to receive it, and transfer it to them? You could take the bottle to a UPS or other delivery store and they will properly package it (important) and send it -- keep in mind that they will not complete delivery unless they get a signature from someone over 21. I would think that a nice place like Golden Nugget would be happy to offer this simple courtesy for their guests, especially if you send them a nice tip...

Anyway, I would call the GN bell desk.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With this stipulation,you may need to contact the concierge at the Nugget as they would be the only ones to possibly be able to have it in the room upon arrival.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't know that. Have seen trip reports (or was trippn reading a report) where I thought people set up their room bar with booze brought through luggage. Oops. (And cigars too by the way)

7. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a bottle of Vodka in my luggage to Vegas and Maui and never a problem.

8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't Vons deliver to the Strip? Does it also deliver downtown?

9. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you have to declare them, but it's regulated: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/573cb254b6aa60ab91aee019/t/577d4931e58c6222a256ae99/1467828530930/DOT_Hazardous+Materials-0616.pdf.

What's definitely regulated are materials that are in your luggage that were placed there by someone else without your knowledge. Personally I would not put someone else in that position, as unlikely as it might be that it would be detected.

10. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wrong info. Under 70% is allowed in luggage (140 proof). Up to 5 litre bottles. Read above and go to alcohol. I always bring a bottle

11. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have checked my luggage and saw the Vodka. Not a word about it.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can carry booze in your luggage. Folks do it all the time. Those that travel and buy it to take home are forced to do that since you can not put liquids in carryon (duty free is an exception, and only on non stop flights).

As to having something in the bag that you did not pack. Again, not an issue. Even if asked, they would not know. And the counter people do not examine bags.

Still, I would not do that as the chance of breakage could be bad news.

Having it WAITING in the room is a challenge, as they are often not assigned until you get there - unless you have someone that can HOLD a room for them.

13. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

If you don't want to chance having it in luggage, your best bet is to contact the concierge at GN. While it won't be waiting in the as yet unassigned room, they will deliver it shortly after they check in. It will most likely cost more this way but at least you know it will get there.

14. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP never mentions the possibility of bringing the booze in their own luggage. But consistent with others, I'll answer the question that wasn't asked. There's no issue packing booze in checked bags. We routinely bring bottles back from Vegas to Seattle since it's way cheaper in Nevada. Brought four bottles back in my suitcase two weeks ago. We bring it back from just about anywhere we fly since Washington state has some of the highest prices in the country.

15. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're staying downtown and up for an adventure, take the WAX bus northbound (not toward the airport). Get off at the second to last stop in Summerlin (ask the driver, it's the one before the Suncoast, which is the end of the line). You'll be next to a large upscale shopping center. There is a Total Wine and More there. That's where we bought our bottles a couple of weeks ago. Very good prices. Pick the WAX up across the street from where you got off, return downtown.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing the OP is not flying with them. Otherwise, they could take care of it easily once they were there.

17. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is illegal for an unlicensed individual to ship alcohol, whether by common carrier (UPS, FedEx , et al) or the USPS.

that said, best practice would be to have it packaged before you drop it off at the shipping store and then declaring the contents to be a liquid other than alcohol.

18. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please read what I wrote. There are REGULATIONS on over 24%. I didn't say it was illegal to knowingly transport that amount. What would definitely be illegal would be putting a regulated amount of alcohol in someone's luggage without their knowledge. Chance of getting in trouble for that? Probably very small, but I am not going to put someone else in that situation without their knowledge, that's for sure.

19. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the 90's my father used to fly up to Seattle and then drive to a house he owned on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. He either didn't like to pay what was charged in Washington State or BC for liquor so he would pack bottles of wine in a box and check that as luggage. One year when my wife & I were with him we were waiting for the luggage on the carousel in Seattle and we see a box leaking all over the conveyor belt. It was his box of wine and when he saw it, he pretended it wasn't his and just left it there leaking...funny sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.