1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Competing Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Pointblanke, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointblanke

Pointblanke Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been steady low rollers at NYNY for five years or so. We typically visit 3-4 times per year. We do all of our gambling there. Our usual offer is 2-3 nights comped, a little bit of freeplay, and a little f&b.

I logged in today to book a trip in mid-December and noted most MGM properties were willing to comp the whole trip, except NYNY and Bellagio. I found this a little confusing as I would expect NYNY to give a better offer than the others. Is it worthwhile to see if they will match the other properties or just move to somewhere else? We do not have a host.

2. RunningRam

RunningRam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's always worth a call to see if they will match. I've had mixed results doing that at Mirage. If you haven't stayed at Mirage before, you may want to give it a try. I like the rooms and restaurants better than NYNY.

Annual Memorial Day trip with the wife at my home away from home!
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worthwhile to check with host? Yes.

But - why not try someplace different? NYNY has gotten a bit too comfortable with you - LOL!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you recently stayed at NY NY? I only ask since my latest batch of corporate offers have me $125 free play + $50 (at higher end properties) in resort credits or $100 (lower end) plus 3 free nights.

I just got back from Luxor on a comp 2 weeks ago. Even though Luxor shows up in these offers, I used it recently so the calendar says I have to pay $40 a night there now through April since that code was burned. I check on Bellagio and its free, since I haven't used that code yet.

So if you were booked recently under that code, the code is now dead. You would have to stay at a different place to get a comp, or wait for a new code (property direct offer) in order to stay at NY NY again for free

5. Pointblanke

Pointblanke Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We last stayed in June. This was a new offer from a week or two ago. I called today and was told there would be no offer matching. I had offers to comp the entire trip plus freeplay and f&b credit from Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, MGM Grand, Luxor, and Excalibur.

I talked it over with the wife. See below for results...

• Like Like x 1
  6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's odd too. I gave all my play to NYNY and have 1 night comped there. I even have Aria comped on New Years Eve but we aren't going then. Notice below now where we are staying comped. Obviously NYNY doesn't need my business.

Sema Show
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.