1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever Pay For A Cabana Room At The Linq & Get Bumped?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

My desire is to save up enough to stay at the Linq Cabana room for 2 nights of a stay (probably don't want to spend the amount for 4-5 nights...but maybe 2).

The reason that I'm thinking 2 nights is that you really need to book 2 nights to get use out of it. With Check in at 3:00pm and Check-out at 11:00am...1 night doesn't get you much use.

I've heard of people getting the room comped and getting bumped...but I'm wondering if it has happened to a paying customer. Because this style of room is far more expensive than any of their other rooms...what happens if you paid and you get bumped?

I think my strategy would be to book the room, and take a screen shot of what other rooms for those days (at the time of booking) cost. In the event, that I get bumped, I don't want to pay a higher rate on a different room than I could have initially booked for.

2. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been bumped twice from a comped room, but I have never heard of anyone bumped from a paying room.

We considered paying full price for these rooms but decided that renting a daybed or regular cabana was more economical for small parties of people. If I was planning on hosting more than 4 people I would consider it though since you can drink your own alcohol.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A followup question: have you ever booked a cheaper room at the Linq and upon check-in asked how much to upgrade to a cabana room?

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been eyeing up these rooms for a number of years...and haven't been to Vegas in 2.5 years (will be 3 years by the time I go back).

I know that I can't afford to stay in a Cabana Room for the whole trip, so I'd be switching room part way through...done that before, no big deal. But a Cabana Room really necessitates a 2 night night stay it you want to use it, based on check in and check out times.

Who's got one, what did you think, was it worth it, (insert all the standard questions).

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Linq doesn't work out for you (and I hear it often doesn't), the Plaza downtown has a similar room category available that seems much easier to book. Publicly available rates on their website are currently ranging from about $230-350 per night.

EDC
  7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the same coin...I'd probably prefer the Linq. What did you mean by, "If the Linq doesn't work out for you (and I hear it often doesn't)?"

8. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just that, like you mentioned, people get bumped and those rooms book up quickly. I didn't mean to imply any special inside knowledge on my part.

EDC
  9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you (others can respond also) heard of paying customers getting bumped?

From what I've heard it has only happened to those on a comp.

10. DaveInWI

DaveInWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happens when you get bumped from a comped room??

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can get get bumped from rooms you pay for. Don’t know about the Linq specifically, but It does happen. Like at MGM, they have very limited numbers of certain types of Suites.

If you get bumped you are either downgraded or upgraded. I had the Penthouse City view at MGM booked there on a comp. Ended up in a skyline terrace suite instead.

12. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been bumped from a comped room too. It's usually when you have a nicer room, like a suite, and they bump you too a regular room. You just get bumped, and still have a room, but it' still annoying if you'e in a place where you don' like the standard rooms. Now I never book a comp ANYWHERE if I don' like their standard rooms.

To OP, I'd definitely take a screenshot of the standard room, and make sure your screenshot shows the same date/time/price (and do it on the same date you book the better room), so that you can at least try to have them honor the price that you would have gotten, had you not booked the nice room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We we put into a king suite when we were bumped from our comp. The room was okay, but we have not stayed at the Linq again and I doubt we ever will.

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The King Suite looks nice...but I would not want to be bumped from a cabana room to a suite.

I'm going to book a paid for cabana room, and screen shot the price for a standard room. Because I only want to pay more for a cabana room...and if I got bumped, I want a low end room.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you get early checkin/late checkout in these rooms?

If so, anyone aware of the charge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.