1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tuscany Suites - what a delight....

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by WHU66, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the post was a complaint. It was a comparative. As you say yourself, it's not a Four Seasons. And it's not. That's fine. It's also not a Motel 6. Not sure why folks are so defensive about everything around here.

2. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, chill, it's Friday. See the poke emoty? Smartone is notorious -- in a good way -- for not being a denizen of the Strip.

3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither offends nor impresses. Perfectly average. I didn't mean it as a criticism-- this describes the hotels I stay at more often than not.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
  4. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry to seem defensive....I think it's a nice place - I'd say above average when you consider rooms are suites......if others think it's mediocre, maybe they are used to Four Seasons level hotels. In that case, I can understand

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a nice place. Now the rooms aren't all suites, but the extra space is nice, and any number of places in Vegas offer studios or even suites as standard accommodations now. If Budget Suites is at one end and Vdara is at the other, then Tuscany ... is about average, in the middle. I travel all the time. I stay in Best Westerns. I stay in Ritz-Carltons. Each is what it is and I'm happy for all as the circumstances dictate.

6. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imwired...you were not defensive in any sense of the word. People have different expectations, and that doesn't mean one is right or wrong. FOR, ME...I will never judge. CHEERS!

7. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You raise a good point-- a lot of this is highly dependent on perspective. To somebody who spends a lot of time in major cities with plenty of high end properties, a place like Tuscany might feel solidly middle-of-the-pack. If your frame of reference consists of smaller cities and towns, a place like Tuscany might compare favorably to the nicer places in that market. Or to put it another way, a 5 star joint in Spokane is comparable to 4 stars in Vegas or LA.

EDC
  8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, don't bag on Spokane. The Davenport is slick. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will stop by there my next trip in December . I'll incorporate it into my Ellis Island visit

• Like Like x 4
  10. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for using the term "Davenport" made me think of my aunt Doris RIP.

TomTWI

11. shanecrow99

shanecrow99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad Pub 365 doesn't comp drinks for bartop VP anymore. Good Lord that was so much fun while lasted. I got to try all sorts of beers from their 50 taps.

12. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me understand this. Are you saying, I won't be comped tap beer if playing on the bar tops?

TomTWI

13. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, at that microbew bar/restaurant. they left a few machines in but they don't comp while playing. The other bar obviously does

14. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was checking the prices for staying at the Tuscany in January this morning and noticed they are a little sneaky to say the least. The total for 3 nights was about $529 with taxes. What they failed to show was the Resort Fees. So it's like they get you to pay and book the room but tell you about the Resort Fee later. I am not sure what their Resort Fee is but let's just say it's $30. So the actual cost is $619. If the total cost would have been $529 I might consider booking it but won't be as I don't want to spend $600.

15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If resort-fees are your "show-stopper", as is the case with many, you have tremendously narrowed your list of viable lodging sites.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a 3 night stay last June just so I could be closer to my beloved Pub 365:beer:

17. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not so much the Resort Fee Smartone. It didn't show up in the Reservation form. The point I was making is the Tuscany didn't show the estimated total cost. It was like they wanted me to pay my deposit and make the reservation then let me know there is also a Resort Fee of whatever they charge. When I book a hotel I want to know the total cost with all fees.

18. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know where you are looking but I did a test booking. Put in dates and price popped up with also this disclaimer "$28.00 plus tax resort fee per night will be applied to your account. RESORT FEE IS NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTED RATES BELOW. This is before booking page

• Like Like x 4
  19. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mistake. I originally didn't notice that as I focused on the cost per night. I can see it now. Still though I think they should show the total cost in the quote before a person books. BTW I decided not to book as it was too much in my opinion. I can stay at the MGM for less on the dates I was looking at.

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees suck. They're sneaky. They're slimy. They're also ever-present. Even in a situation where full disclosure might not -- might not, as we've learned many times -- be self-evident, when looking at most any type of hotel in most every market, it's just logical -- and easy -- to anticipate an additional daily vig. I just lowers the blood pressure even if it takes away some righteous indignation, and then all we ardent consumers can launch our campaign of forever boycotting any property, Vegas or elsewhere, that levies one.

Caveat emptor become retribution emptor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.