1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No more shuttle from Rio to Strip...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by stiles525, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had frequently when staying at Cosmo and heading to Palms when the shuttle ran from Ballys. Always gave Rio play on my way through. Guess it's Uber for me and I can't see any reason to visit Rio now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. closvp

closvp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just used the shuttle from Harrah's to Rio last weekend(and back to harrah's) and no one mentioned it was going away... It's very convenient to go and watch Penn & Teller at Rio from the strip... It sucks if it goes away...

3. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Coast and Orleans will ask for a room key only if they have a full bus.We stay there all the time and only fair if you are staying there and can't get back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the shuttle to Rio and back last time to get the Quest for Rewards badge. Almost had an issue coming back. They take Sevens stars first, then diamond then everyone else. When it got to everyone else there were only 3 seats left and I was 5th but when it got to the last seat the 2 in front of me were a couple and there was only 1 seat left. I had already waited about 25 minutes and a lot of others got left behind. It worked out for me that time, but I wouldn't rely on it anyways. One less reason to got visit Rio.

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Boyd shuttle doesn’t get you to the strip quickly. As I recall it leaves Gold Coast, goes to the Orleans then to the strip behind Harrahs when it finally returns to Gold Coast.

So getting back to Rio from the strip would be ok, but getting to the strip from Rio via Gold Coast would be more time consuming.

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what % of the people using it are staying at the Rio vs people staying on the strip with little desire to go to the Rio other than Penn and Teller or the Gold Coast..I love the Rio as a comped low-roller and hate to see it's status downgraded even more.

7. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When there are more people than the shuttle can handle (Orleans/GC/Strip), I've had the driver ask for Emerald cards first, then room keys, then others can join until full.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHUT?!! :eek:

9. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stay for a longer time, like 2-3 weeks and then I like to take the shuttle and spend a day between Rio and Gold Coast, a bit similar as imheids described.

10. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. I stay at the Rio about half my Vegas visits (4-6 times a year) and even though I rent a car most trips, I regularly use the shuttle to get to the Strip. After a couple of hours in the Harrah's DL I'm in no shape to drive.....Orhan makes a mean side car. I dropped by the Rio on Oct 21 to cash in a couple of sports bets that I had made in September and there was a big crowd of people waiting for the shuttle (middle of the afternoon). The shuttle is a nice Rio perk, and I will really miss it if the bean counters do away with the shuttle.

11. VegasDog

VegasDog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's right. Totally forgot about that. For the record, we have taken that shuttle and never been asked for a room key. Either way, CET definitely stepping in it on this one if they want to continue to have Rio traffic.

12. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have walked from Rio to The Strip a few times... ;-)
    Not a bad walk...
    I think it was 115 one time...

• Like Like x 1
  13. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won't really affect me. I always rent a car when I stay at the Rio. Shuttle is a hassle and time-consuming, especially if you aren't Seven Stars or Diamond.

14. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never go to the Rio. Twice in the last 10 years and both times to see P&T so doesn't effect me either but it's still a nice service.

15. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would definitely decrease my desire to ever stay, or even go, to Rio.

16. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to agree with this. What other reason would CET have for discontinuing the shuttle?

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't hear back from my contact at Rio about this. I've reached out to another contact at CET and she said she is going to try to track down this information and get back to me.

FWIW, I called Rio's reservation number and they didn't have any information about this, but they aren't always reliable for this kind of information. Website doesn't list any change either.

18. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone else tweeted it at Vital Vegas and he retweeted it. FYI.

19. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that info. I'm still hoping to get an official notice from CET or Rio. I'm not doubting the OP, just want some official confirmation.

20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard back from Caesars and they confirm that they are discontinuing the shuttle.

"Caesars confirmed that the shuttle from Rio to Bally's would be stopping."

I asked for more specifics on when and whether or not they will be offering any other shuttle options to The Strip.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.