1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which daily LV tournament is better?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by TRN, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn daily 12pm $140 / 10k chips / 30 min levels
    Aria daily 1pm $125 / 10k chips / 30 min levels
    Venetian daily 12:05pm / $150 / 12k chips / 30 min levels + has a small guarantee.

Any idea how many runners these have each been getting? Last time I was out (before my WSOP trip) Aria seemed to be the popular one. Is that still the case?

2. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They all have their pluses and minuses. Aria looks like the best structure at first glance, and then you realize they skip 75/150 at level 3 so by level 4 or 5 all 3 tournaments end up running around the same structure. I'd probably just play the Aria since it's cheapest, even though I think the rake might be 2-3% more than the other 2.

Not sure on participation lately but I'd be surprised if Aria wasn't the busiest.

3. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected, most recent Tuesdays I could pull up at each:

Venetian: 77 players, $9,086 prize pool
    Aria: 66 entries, $6,402 prize pool
    Wynn: 39 entries, $4,680 prizes pool

4. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Aria and Venetian are comparable, although higher guarantee prize pool and slightly higher buy-in at Venetian. That may be my target then. Thanks!

5. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with Venetian as well. Decent # of runners and structure for the buy in, and generally well run.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool... I will win that tournament on 10/23, watch me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cashed in 4th for $989 (out of 87 entrants I believe). Almost got there. Will post some good hands later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting hand #1 - against a short stack early in the tournament. Roughly level 3, plus or minus one.

I end up with 78 suited (clubs) and the flop looks like 56Q with the 56 being clubs. Short stack checks and I overbet shove, and he snap calls with AK... I whiff and his ace high doubles him up.

9. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting hand #2 - after first table collapse, new table, new faces. Roughly level 5-6.

I am on the button with 24 suited. Middle position raises preflop to 3 BB's and I make the call after 2 others call as well. Flop 226, and original raiser makes a pot sized bet. I raise about 2.5x, and he shoves. I call and he shows QQ, and I make a big double up that sets me up for a big run later.

10. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting hand #3 - my knockout hand.

Down to 4 players, already into the money, I am UTG and raise 3x BB with AK offsuit. Button folds, SB (the big stack) shoves, BB folds, and I snap call. SB shows JJ, and board plays out 25JK5.

11. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple of others I jotted down:

Level 1 within first orbit, guy on my left open shoves (12k into the 50+100 blinds in the pot). One caller. Both players have JJ and chop the blinds.

Played Q9 on the button and beat a guy with AQ, I had two pair on the flop, he just had top pair / top kicker. Guy proceeds to call me every name in the book when I take more than 75% of his chips on that hand.

Made a huge lay down in late levels of the tournament. I have KQ and flop is KQT, two others in the hand. Both check to me, I put out a 1/2 pot bet, then shove and shove. I had a ton of chips at that point and even if I call and lose im still in the top 3. I think there's like 10 left at this point. After thinking it through for a few minutes I opted to fold. Both of them had AJ, and I would not have filled up. Pat myself on the back.

Saw a guy get angry because he couldn't ever figure out what the blinds were and were convinced the dealers were making up numbers, even though it's on the TV's in multiple spots throughout the poker room. That guy ended up final tabling somehow.

12. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you played pretty well overall, although I don't think you want to make it a habit of flatting 42s on the BTN too often. It requires a 1% flop (which you got) or a very passive table to ever offer even a medicore return. It propelled you to the final table and a top 4 finish here but I think in the long run it's just burning chips away. Your other hand with Q9 is ok to flat against a non-tight V's range if it's suited, unless it's an overlimp. Did the guy with AQ raise or limp?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.