1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which of the buffet of buffet location is the best?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by stiles525, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiles525

stiles525 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to do this I'm only there for 4 days so this would take a full days meals out of planning. if I do this I would like to get 2 dinners out of it. So I plan on doing a dinner around 8pm on Friday, breakfast, lunch and another dinner around 7pm on Saturday. I know there is a couple buffets that have an additional cost not sure which buffets those are, and are they worth it? what are your thoughts on doing this ?

2. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal is extra and the best of the CET buffets. I like Paris for breakfast (not extra). PH is ok for lunch and dinner and not extra. With the way prices are at most restaurants you will get your money's worth either way. Some years back they had king crab at most of the buffets. It's probably all snow crab now except Bacchanal? You will get a discount on the deal if you sign up for total rewards card.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never done the Flamingo buffet, but I really enjoyed Paris, thought Harrah's was good for its price and was kind of disappointed in Planet Hollywood. For your purposes (since they'll all cost the same, in practice), Harrah's and Planet Hollywood probably are on the same level. Planet Hollywood had a large and stale South Asian and Mediterranean section that I didn't enjoy (probably because I normally love this type of food). Harrah's had standard mostly "American" fare but all was decent in taste. Paris had a few nice french touches (crepes stations, for example). I'd say that if you're a big eater who could get in at least 3 buffets, do it. I do one each day in Vegas but more than one would really stretch me appetite.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vinniemac274

vinniemac274 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're a seafood fan, the upgrade fee for the seafood selection at the Rio is *definitely* worth it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done the 24 hours quite a few times like you always with 2 dinner. never paid for the upgrade

Paris, harrahs are my favorite
    PH is more than fine for breakfast
    Flamingo is hit or miss

• Like Like x 1
  6. NPLV

NPLV VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo buffet is perfectly fine but definitely isn't a knock-your-socks-off Vegas buffet. I can only speak for PH and Paris out of the rest of the Caesars properties but both of those were superior to Flamingo. Again, I don't mean to bash Flamingo - if it were an Embassy Suites I'd give it an A+ but for Vegas it's just a B.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is much better than it was but it's the worst.
    Bacchanal is the best.
    Harrahs is ok.
    Rio's Carnival is ok.
    PHo is ok.
    Paris is 2nd best but....

I haven't been to Rio's seafood buffet.

We usually get 3 meals out of it. Paris is a definite for breakfast/brunch.

We NEVER can eat Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. It's too much food and besides that, you end up being a slave to a schedule.

One slick thing is we eat our 2ND dinner in PHo before the club crawl which starts at PBR Rockbar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mh0213

mh0213 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only been to Bacchanal, Paris, PH, and Rio buffet.

If you are willing to pay extra:
    Bacchanal is place to go for dinner in my opinion.
    Rio is a good place if you love Lobster tail and other seafood elections.

If you do not want to pay any extra:
    Paris is good for Breakfast and some deserts (omelet station in the morning and crepe station all day)
    PH have good selections from different country and region (if they have reopened all the sections).

Also, if you don't like one place, you just leave and move to next buffet since you do not have to pay each time. If you don't like to stay long line to enter, Paris takes reservation via Open table.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion for the best overall would be Paris. No extra and usually consistently good.

Rio and Harrahs have been disappointing lately. Flamingo buffet is, well, there. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.