1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestions for mid-priced dinner/wine with my parents

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by willywilkes, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Coming out to Vegas for two nights before heading up to Tahoe and then over to Napa. I’m early 30s and my parents are early-mid 60s. Looking for dinner suggestions probably in the $20-40ish range for entrees. My parents like to eat a nice meal with friendly servers, not too loud, and where they don’t feel rushed, but my dad squawks about things he thinks are overpriced. Bigger issue is red wine prices - they are $7-9/bottle daily drinker and will do $20-30 bottles for a night out in Buffalo but that’s getting closer to their limit.... I’m thinking in Vegas I might be able to get them to bump that to $40-45 but that’s likely where we will max out.

We are staying at DTG and will probably eat at Pizza Rock or Le Thai our first night, but I want to do dinner on the strip the second night. Would like it to feel nice-ish but not trying to go too crazy. Definitely a pants/polo or maybe button down (no tie) atmosphere. Even if I offer to pay their price comfort level needs to come into consideration. Also probably somewhere where reservations not really required on a Monday night for 3-4 people. It will likely be up in the air if my partner is joining and we don’t want to be too tied to a specific schedule. I come to Vegas 3-4x/year but my partner and I are much more fast casual type eaters (or aria buffet, my fav breakfast spot) so haven’t explored much of the actual restaurant scene. Fast casual is not what I’m looking for here, but an actual sit down meal.

I’m more of an mlife person so prefer those hotels but would be open to a strong recommendation elsewhere. Some ideas I had are Charlie Palmer cut of the week or getting the myVEGAS deal for Tender at Luxor. Lago obviously has a nice location and menus posted on yelp seemed more reasonable than I expected but hard to tell if those are lunch or dinner prices.

So who has ideas for me?

2. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been but heard really good things about Charlie Palmer cut of the week also. Set 3 course menu with wine pairings for $50something can't be beat

I really enjoyed BLT steak at Ballys. With their travelzoo voucher you should be able to have a great meal for 3 with drinks

Easter with my Peeps
  3. pfunk

pfunk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Emeril's at the MGM fits the bill and your price point nicely. However, it's not a dark dim quiet dining experience. For that, I recommend Olives at the Bellagio. I think any steakhouse in the MGM family would push the outerbounds budget wise.

4. BigShot55

BigShot55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Battista's if you're okay with old school and slightly offstrip.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. NPLV

NPLV VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. Sit outside, best view of the Bellagio fountains as you enjoy your dinner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go with Palmer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer cut of the week. Includes wine pairings, and they don't hold back with the wine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely Charlie Palmer Cut of the Week, $59 includes bread basket with cornbread, salad, steak, 2 sides, dessert and bottomless wine pairings. The menu changes weekly but link shows current.

As a side note, Charlie Palmers is offering their cut of the week to first responders, hospital employees and families of victims free until October 14th.

http://www.charliepalmersteak.com/locations/las-vegas/menus/cut-of-the-week

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wam

wam Low-Roller

charlie palmer in the four seasons at $ 59 for three courses with unlimited wine pairings is an excellent meal and and value for their cut of the week menu. you will not be disappointed.

10. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Thanks everyone, Charlie Palmer will probably be the winner but thanks for the tip on Veranda, didn’t know they did something similar. One more question, any idea if the cut of the week menu changes on Sunday or Monday?

12. wam

wam Low-Roller

changes on monday, i believe charlie palmer is closed on sunday.

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to stay downtown, then Triple George would be ideal, imo.

14. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer deal sounds good, I also like Lawry's - a little off strip - but decent prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.