1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The mass shooting near Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by grosx2, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDog

VegasDog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That door could have been blown open by the 200 rounds he blasted through it at the heroic security guard

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen another article today where she apparently described him as often "moaning and screaming" in bed.

Which, of course, is something completely normal and sounds like someone you would want to make a future with

3. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt the FBI and Metro are combing this forum for answers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not even in Vegas, but Sam's Town Tunica started checking room keys when going into the hotel. Which is crazy when you consider how few people stay there during the week, and there is hardly nobody outside, if someone did want to do a copy cat killing.

• Love Love x 1
  5. r2peee2

r2peee2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girlfriend has issued a statement. She says he was a good man and she had no idea. He found a cheap ticket and sent her to visit family in the Philippines. She got the money he wired and thought he was breaking up with her.

Hmm... :hmmm:

View attachment 40354
    View attachment 40355

thats not her talking thats the lawyer

6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, listening to a congressman on Fox that's been in LV all day, he says they haven't scrubbed his electronics yet so it's going to be awhile before we really know anything it seems.

7. r2peee2

r2peee2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thought but it might cool off his semis quickly and therefore he would be able to use it again.

8. olddaddy

olddaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any videos out there showing flashes from the gunshots on the 32nd floor?

9. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shared my experience from Sunday/Monday, several pages ago.....
    This thread got really long, fast.
    Been curious if anyone else had their experience from last wknd to share?
    I'm still going thru it all in my mind......I know its different for everyone.... but still planning to return next week...

10. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually really glad to hear this information. Thank you Sonya. My nerve endings are pretty raw right now as with most of us..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, Mr. Flusher for your profound post. It mirrors everything I've been feeling the past few days. It's true that we need to get past the sadness and the darkness and choose to be happy again.

But then I think of those who died. They will never be happy again. To think that they were smiling and happy and having a wonderful time the moment that madman's bullet took their life away is just too much for me to handle right now. I'm really struggling and praying for the strength to get over this tragedy.

I think of those who were injured. How they will live with this memory of violence and terror. How their injuries will remind them again and again of that painful night. I wish I had the power to heal them and make it all go away.

I don't want evil to win. I don't want that madman to win. But I know whenever I pass that area in the future it will make me sad. I know that from now on every happy moment in Vegas will be followed with a sad bittersweet memory for those who through no fault of their own will never experience happiness again.

For those who died, RIP.

For those who were injured, and for the rest of us trying to cope, may God provide us with the strength to carry on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks remmerde for answering my question on this about the taxicab entrance.

As a follow up to this video, there was actually a second part to this (not uploaded on youtube, as far as I can tell) that was posted in the LVRJ article accompanying the two videos.

The taxicab driver picked up a few injured people - one of whom asks to go to the Luxor at the end of the video, and then the taxicab driver says no way.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas-taxi-video-shows-survivors-fleeing-mass-shooting/

14. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Sonya: Ammonium Nitrate is used in explosives. That, plus diesel get you homemade ANFO. From the WiKi: It is the major constituent of ANFO, a popular industrial explosive which accounts for 80% of explosives used in North America

I saw a report where he was at ElCo earlier in the week, and was kicked out. From what they were reporting, he lost about $10k, and then demanded a suite. They told him no, and he got belligerent/aggressive. I'm thinking they were all out because of all the stuff in town? But, either way, that's not a mark of a stable man.

A lot of the stories that are coming in actually restore some faith in humanity. People covering strangers so they don't get hit. Helping wounded people to get out of the way. Saw where there was an air traffic controller in the crowd, and he called the tower to tell them that people were heading to the runway, and to stop traffic. People loading up their own cars with wounded people, and taking them to the hospital. Or, people turning down the ambulance because "they weren't hurt enough".

And, yes, that security office needs a big raise/bonus. Nuts going up to the door unarmed, but he still went. And, I think I saw it here, but I'm sure that the door was ajar because of the camera's out in the hall. Running the cables from them to his monitors.

I'll be there in a couple of weeks, and I have no problem with that. Life will go on, and get back to normal soon enough out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mr White

Mr White Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see you don't have kids.

Or ever arrive before check-in time.

Edit:. Or get off the bus from the outlet mall.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Stacda

Stacda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen a few national news outlet articles that he was a player of a 'mysterious' game called 'video poker.' :rolleyes2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beautifully said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody put together the idea that he had all that Tannerite to maybe put at the base of one of those fuel tanks to subsequently detonate by shooting at it?

19. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe that was his escape plan? Blow a tanker to make an even bigger distraction. But, he wasn't counting on them finding him so quick. Guess we'll never know.

20. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was smart enough to plan all this. Thankfully not smart enough to anticipate the smoke detectors going off. Maybe that is something they should have with held from the news and kept that little detail to themselves. Don't know if hotels have sophisticated enough equipment to know when someone disables a smoke detector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.