1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lost and Found: what are objects you have lost & found or lost forever in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Drewm1972, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another time at one of those hamburger chains where the lettuce tomatoes and condiments are off to the right of the counter I noticed a cell phone and when done with my burger ,picked it up and went back to the counter to hand it in..Right then the owner comes back and sees it in my hand.Good -problem solved right away.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know just today while thinking about it some more..If it was a timeshare the guy was dropped off at,hopefully he had a wife with him and her credit cards to use for the trip..Yeah a reward would be cool,but damn just helping someone out like that would be gold for the day..Fuck

• Like Like x 1
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the last time I was at the ELCO, I picked up a fat stuffed wallet on the floor by the table games. I checked to see if it belonged to anyone at the nearest table and it did. my friend said that would be good luck / karma.
    it wasn't . :grrr:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @vegasdev now let’s think positive you could have lost more! Yeah right!!! :cuss::grrr::bang: Should have kept it lol. Nah you did the right thing!!

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on that note, sometimes it can be tempting.
    I always tell people, when you find something of value that you are tempted to keep, just hurry up and do the right thing before you have a chance to change your mind.
    hopefully you will be rewarded with good karma.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes chargers are interchangeable. My Samsung charger has two plugs and would probably not fit other phones, but I can charge my phone with Mag's Kyocera or other standard charger plugged into the right-hand socket.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheap sunglasses...hate having to buy another pair on the fly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m surprised .... no one posted about “losing or finding boy/girl Friend or even wife/husband” during their trip to Vegas? Lol

Anyone with these experience?

9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, she finds me every time! :faint:

Next time I'm going to hide at the Orleans and see what happens!

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know one set of VMB members who accidentally "found" their baby in Vegas. :wink2:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been tempted to tell one to get lost!

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lost my driver's licence, May 2015. Had fly home with no photo ID.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  13. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a purse at a slot machine once at Harrahs. Promptly turned it into security. I also found dentures once at Bugsy’s bar in Flamingo. For the dentures I made the bartender take them and he called security. I’m still curious as to the story of the dentures

FlightSimExpo 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. debriley

debriley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked out of aria once, in cab on the airport property when I suddenly realized 'I didn't empty the safe!' Several thousand dollars in it. Had cabbie go back to aria. By a miracle, after I finally got them to let me back in the room, found the safe in the now-clean room to still be locked with my things inside. Made my flight, but BARELY. Another time, left my wallet in a cab. Didn't note cab number, and was really pissed that palazzo wouldn't check security tape to help me ID cab #. Did finally get my wallet back but it took many hours and lots and lots of phone calls. I guess it's not good enough that I lose so much $$$ gambling, I also just abandon $$$ all over Vegas

• Like Like x 2
  15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

wow, how easy or difficult was that with TSA? How were you able to prove that you were you?

I was just wondering because I would think the bad guys would pull the same thing to get on board the plane.

16. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    left a nylon Chicago Bears pullover jacket in my cab from the airport to Club de Soleil several years ago. didn't even need it that first week of November, but disappointed nonetheless to have forgotten a gift i had received a few years earlier.

more than a decade ago my cell phone disappeared while i was at the airport. i think i had picked up my bag, i know i had used the cell phone for something, or taken it out. i figured i had lost it, but i can't say for sure that somebody didn't swipe it if i had set it down next to me for 30 seconds while i was getting something out of my bag. this was back in the day of flip phones, and i was on my first solo trip, so losing the phone wasn't a disaster, but considering i had upgraded just a few months prior, it sucked having to jump start my old, tired flip phone after my trip, as i wasn't about to spend cash for a replacement at that point. thus far it's the only cell phone i've lost in 19.75 years, knock on wood.

17. kfn8ed

kfn8ed Tourist

Two wallets. One in the mens room at the Golden Nugget, and one on the floor at Aliante. Security got both of them. Also a cell phone on the floor at Aliante.

18. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mixology meets Polident at Bugsy's Bar...

dent.jpg

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luckily I had a copy of my DL, I used it when I would walk instead taking my actual ID, had my boss send me my birth certificate, used my credit cards as ID. I had a full pat down and my carryon bag was searched and swabbed.

Now I always bring my Costco Card with me as it has my photo on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.

I had a coworker get her purse stolen. Luckily we work for the city so we were able to get someone to fax a copy of her DL so she could get through the tsa checkpoints.

I usually keep my old expired DL and a copy of my current DL in my luggage in case I ever need it. They usually punch a hole in the old DL but usually keep most of the important info available to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.