1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NBA Season Win Total Over/Under

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't believe the season is less than a month away. Here are my wagers for the season:

Hawks Over 26.5
    Nets Under 26.5
    Bulls Over 23.5
    Wolves Under 48.5
    Pels Under 40.5
    Thunder Under 51.5
    Sixers under 40.5
    Spurs Over 54
    Warriors Over 67.5

And here are a few of my thoughts:
    *Nets are bad. Really bad. Worse than last year

*Bulls are interesting. They dumped all their vets. Still, I don't think they are 23 wins bad. Last year, only the Nets were that bad and the Bulls still have more talent than them. Their younger guys are going to get more run this year and I think they win 28 or 29 games, especially in the East

*I am not as high on the Wolves as most people. Two reasons. First, I think they will still be mediocre defensively. Adding Butler helps significantly on D, but they will still be below average, especially in a loaded West. Second, KAT is the best player on that team and needs to take over, start dominating the ball and be the team leader. But he's still young and that's not his personality. Butler will instantly become the team leader and KAT will defer shots and touches to him. Butler is a great player, but KAT can do everything and needs to become more assertive for this team to reach another level

*With the Pels, who is the leader? It needs to be Davis, but like KAT, he has always been more comfortable deferring that role. I love Cousins (go Cats!) he isn't the answer for them. Even though his game and Davis' game are different, they both like a lot of the same shots. In that respect, they do not complement each other well. Their best chance is to play fast in transition, where Davis can use his athleticism to run the floor and dominate, while letting Cousins anchor the defense and play half-court. problem is, I don't think Cousins wants that

*I made my Thunder bet before the trade this weekend (whoops, lol). So I might be in trouble with that one. I did, however, have doubts about team chemistry when it was Russ and PG as the leaders. Now that could be an even bigger issue. All three of their stars are ball dominant. if they figure it out and are unselfish, they will be really good. But somebody is going to have to take a step back. The logical choice is PG (best defender and worst shooter of the three), but I doubt he is willing to do that with a new contract on the horizon. Should be interesting.

*I think the Warriors will be even better this year. Remember, last year there was definitely an adjustment period for Durant the first third of the season. And he missed significant time with injuries. by the end of the season, I don't think there was any questions this team was better than the 72 win team. I see this team winning 70 again

I Need Spa
  2. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take under on bulls

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No bets on the KNICKS?????

4. jimmyj126

jimmyj126 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Jimmy , no Dwayne but Cameron Payne, oh no definitely take the under on the Bulls. Stone hands and slow players. How old is Rondo now, he is all they have. Their over under should be around 19 games.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He isn't on the team any longer.

19??? Only six teams in the past five years have been under that number and four of them were openly tanking. I may be wrong on 23.5, but 19 is absurdly low

I Need Spa
  6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, no. I thought the line on them was pretty solid. I don't know how it has moved since the trade, but I also haven't thought about what it means. It might end up being an addition by subtraction scenario

I Need Spa
  7. Matthew

Matthew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a place to compare the offerings on season totals at the various books on Strip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.