1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Some quick observations about Sams Town ...

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by dmr, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update. We head out on Sunday for a four day stay at Sam's Town.

2. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss Shepler's there. Hell, I miss them everywhere but I always told myself if I ever won decent there, I'd immediately go upstairs and buy a new pair of lucky boots. Oh well.

Also, if you want some great inexpensive eats, go to Original Tommy's across the street. They serve exceptional burgers and chili cheese fries. My brother text messaged me about it during one of my solo trips and I'm glad he did.

3. ClancyHusker

ClancyHusker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review. Always stay at SAMs, but missed LV the last 2 years so anxious to get back - 5 days in Oct.

Oh Boy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the updates @dmr !
    I haven't visited Sam Town ever since they cut the Gold Card.
    Sounds like I should visit it to try the AYCE thing at their new restaurants.

5. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of pictures of a renovated room:

IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG

We were there back in July. We were on the 9th floor facing north. DMR, I agree about the mirror outside the bathroom. Could be kinds awkward depending on who you are rooming with!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We quit going to Sam's for a while because of the lost gold card, but now we are back. At the end of our stay we asked for, and got, all of our charges (to the room) comped. A bit of a surprise for us, but it was roughly the same amount we would have used with a gold card. We ate in the Steakhouse (great) and the Big Mess (not so great; I've had better pulled pork at the airport in Raleigh, North Carolina).

The only thing we paid for with points was the Sports deli, because it was easier and cheap. One of them was a promotional comp (play X number of points, get a $10 comp). - That's enough for a Philly.

By the way, the room remodels at Sam's Town are GREAT and quite beautiful. The only problems were there was NO CLOCK in the room. (They are "working on it"), and the mattress was a bit lumpy (see picture above in a post by Bluesdude). The bathroom is the same except for a nice new white shower curtain and a new shower head (both spray/massage).

- bcc

• Like Like x 2
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know, now that I think of it, there wasn't. I use my smartphone as my clock/watch/calendar so I did not miss it and did not really notice.

8. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right. I actually wore my Timex Indiglo watch to bed. Works great.

- bcc

9. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of curiosity, what kind of coin in there allows for those backend comps? I've always used points for meals. BTW I play mainly vp there with maybe 20% slots.

10. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

I'm actually in favor of NO CLOCK in the room. Some asshat always seems to set it to go off in the middle of the night.

Another asshat (me!) forgets to check EVERY time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Downtown shuttle has improved. Went last month and actually enjoyed the short ride. Last time we went was quite a few years back and the Downtown shuttle was very small like most airport parking shuttles. You felt every bump.
    I was disappointed with the vp pays compared to what they were the last time there. Of course, that's happened all over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.