1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Skyfall Lounge

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Phantom, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom

Phantom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas next week. Has anyone been to the Skyfall Lounge or know anything about it. We just wanted to go around 7:00 and catch a few drinks and take in the view. I don't want bottle service. Can you just sit at the bar and have a couple of drinks? Do you need a reservation? Any help would be appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing you are talking about the lounge atop Delano. They do have a happy hour

Before they changed the name, you could go during the early evening - no cover, pay per drink. I think they do not get busy until later.

3. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So many great places on the strip to have a cocktail,, how does one choose:bang:

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No cover early evening, no reservation needed. You just walk up to the hostess at the elevator stand and tell her you're headed up to the lounge. It's not usually too busy, and it's the most stunning view you'll ever see, of Vegas, anyway.

Even the elevator headed up there is an experience, and I won't ruin it for you, but make sure you use the restroom while you're up there, even if you don't need to.

I try to get in there every time I'm in town, it's spectacular, and now since they've changed the cocktail menu up after becoming Skyfall the drinks are pretty good too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Phantom

Phantom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. We'll definitely check it out.

6. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't.

You go for 5 days and try to hit each and every one of them, like I do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to skyfall in December? We will be in Vegas over Christmas. Are the heaters warm enough at night to be outside?

We went in May for a pre show drink and small bites and enjoyed the patio but, have never gone there in winter. I am trying to decide a pre dinner happy hour and deciding between Mandarin or Skyfall.

thanks

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude--as a graduate of a school whose mascot is similar to your avatar you have a pair of massive ballderoes. I am keeping the kitty although with you in spirit until they whip up on San Jose HS and then I am back on the bandwagon. Fiddle. Go horns. Please!

9. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I are thinking about checking this place out next month when we are in Vegas!

10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do run the heaters in the winter but if there's any kind of weather (rain or wind), they close the outside patio. You can still get a great view from the bar or inside tables.

11. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They closed the patio on a weekday night when I was there in May due to "cold", even though I thought the weather wasn't that cold. 'Twas annoying for me and my friends. I think they just didn't want to open it since it was a really slow night.

Went over to the Foundation Room instead (top of the Mandalay Bay tower) and they had their patio open. They didn't have the heaters out but it was still pleasant in a long sleeve shirt. Not as nice a view as Skyfall, but not a bad 2nd choice if you have your heart set on sitting outside (as I always do).

And same goes for Foundation Room before 10pm. No cover or guest list if you're going in the early evening.

12. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've sat outside there on many a December trip. The heaters do help a bit, but you'll want to wear something warm anyway. It just depends on the wind. It's kind of enclosed a bit (high glass in front of you), but with any wind, it gets chilly. But don't let that stop you from at least giving it a try! It's a spectacular place to have a drink and see the lights of the Strip. Best time to go is just before sunset, it's wonderful to see the sky get dark and the lights come up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.