1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Legal Marijuana in Las Vegas/Nevada - What happens next?

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by Sonya, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_1481.jpg If the dispensaries are going to cater to the tourists I think the easiest thing to provide would be something along the lines of a JuJu joint.

No fuss no muss, no need to charge, completely self contained disposable vape pens.

No need to buy rolling papers or a pipe, or having to deal with any leftover flowers or the smell of burning flowers. Things have come a long way from the sixties :):):)

There are several manufacturers, I just grabbed a screen shot of a JuJu to give people an idea of the size and potency breakdown. Prices here in Washington run about $40.00 and my suspicion this would last two adults for an entire Vegas weekend.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rusty.
    I'm a "one hit wonder", so the JuJu will probably last me a year. How would you compare the 46.1% THC to a normal hit on your average joint? Is 46.1% a lot or average?

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tahoejoe2........well, this is certainly one of those " your mileage may vary" replies.

The percentage, as I understand it on things like the JuJu's or on vape oil in general is the percentage of the oil, not of the herb as a flower. If that was in flower form it would be very high, but for oil I am thinking it is in the mid range. I have seen Maui Wowie in the 78% range as I recall.

The CBD level, the medicinal property, at 1.4 is pretty low, so for my purposes of pain management, antioxidant, and anti inflammatory benefits I would look for something with a higher CBD number and a lower THC content.

As far as a " normal hit " I would say it probably works out to about the same actually. There is no need to try and keep it going like something that is burning, so taking a big hit is not required and much easier to control. Plus, Slobbery Bob down the line hasn't gummed it up making hard to hold and take a puff off.

You can easily take little tiny puffs to test your tolerance to start, the smoke is so light and cool that I never find myself coughing or anything like that, and there is not really any residual smell or really very much smoke at all.

The other consideration, strains, sativa, indica, or hybrid will have an effect also. If you are an old guy like me, the stuff of the Cheech and Chong era was a sativa, the stuff the "kids" introduced is an indica.

For me, again the YMMV equation, is a sativa makes me want to play frisbee, go for walks, talk to people, laugh, and remain active......the indica tends to plant me in front of a teevee on the couch and hope the phone doesn't ring.

The staff at the dispensary should be able to help with all your questions, they generally have a pretty good idea of what to provide based on your experience and what you want to achieve.

.....at least this is what I read online and my friend told me :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This seems like a great option for a Vegas weekend, although would be nice if they had mini-JuJu and maybe even micro for lightweights.

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Rusty. I'm an old guy like you. Been through it all. Even went to Woodstock. I've always been a person that only needs one aspirin, one toke, etc.
    Being in LV I will definitely want the sativa. I'm assuming I can get a Juju with less THC?
    I like the idea that there is no smoke or smell.
    One more question. "Hybrid". Is that a mixture of both?
    Thanks for all the info.

6. Funstuie

Funstuie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A temporary, yet embarrassing "snafu" caused by the Legislature's usual desire to further line the pockets of the powerful liquor lobby, as stated in the article. They forgot to deal with the licensing issues that these well-connected folks would need to undertake in a timely fashion. Yes... also related to a higher than expected demand.

9. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good one!

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. soundchic

soundchic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day one of legal weed had people lined up for hours. At one location, off the strip, there was a 2 hour wait for recreational (at all the dispensaries medical were taken right through). One location, near the strip, this week, had very few people in line. They were out of gummies and it sounds like others are low on edibles as well. I think the surge of excitement has wained. I'd bet the locations near the strip are busier on the weekends with tourists. I've also heard that Henderson isn't recreational for another month or so.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should all be aware of the meeting discussed in this article.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/25/nevada-regulators-reaffirm-stance-pot-gaming-mix/

I don't know if the resorts will be targeting this, but be aware.

13. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to try some since I haven't smoked weed in almost 30 years, but with my luck work will have a random drug test.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what thinking about! I've never tried it before but I'd like to during my next trip. I haven't had a random drug test in several years but it would be just my luck to come back and get pulled for one.

15. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if you have a cheeky spiff on holiday in Vegas and get popped on a random drugs check at work, excuse my ignorance as Ive been self emplyed for over 20 years, What are the realistic consequences?

16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally for me and my company they make you go to some kind of rehab I believe (I'm not actually sure what that involves). You're then set up for regular drug tests and they become invasive. Someone has to be with you while you "test". The positive tests will follow you around and can make it harder to get promoted ect.

17. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the company.

My company? You'll likely be terminated on the spot.

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't smoked in 30 years you can smoke it once or twice on your trip and it'll be outa your system in 3-5 days or so.

19. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a little research and I read that it's the prevailing theory but that it really depends on the person and it's not necessarily a guarantee for everyone.

20. ditty

ditty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new to Weed, its legal can't smoke it in public. Where do most people smoke it. hotel room? [going for the full vegas experience :) ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.