1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best steak house for a solo diner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by miss_sonja, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to treat myself to a really nice steak dinner. I'll be at PH in November. Any tips on best spots for a solo diner? I'm happy to sit at the bar if the vibe is right.

thanks!

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the bar on solo trips at the redwood at the California all the time. The bar is fine (you asked about the strip) as you get to interact with the waitstaff (bartender) much more and a great deal of attentiveness than at a table. Hopefully you will get some good tips. The bar isn't so bad solo. At a table-- what DO you do with your hands and then there is eye contact. Yikes. Go to the bar. Good luck.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dine at the bar frequently at Jean George in Aria.
    The bar was recently renovated and expanded.
    Great spot and great food.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip House right at Planet Hollywood on the mezzanine level...Great place.............Rick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago I sat at the bar at the steakouse at Excalibur, very good meal and service. BLT Steak has a nice bar you can dine at, and the food is great.

I've seen people eat at the bar at Gordon Ramsey at Paris, but I'm in the minority of people that don't care for GR.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Striphouse is great for a meal at the bar, and you don't even have to venture out of your hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at mon ami gabi last month for a solo dinner last month. I was able to get close to the patio and have a view of bellagio water show

8. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yardbird, Holsteins, Old Homestead, Javier's are my favorites for solo dining with great bars (TV and good vibe).

9. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips!

10. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Caesars during lamest money grab fight Ver. Group was at Wynn, I was starved. Went to Old Homestead Steakhouse. They wanted to know how many in party before I was seated. I said 2. Got a booth. Oh my he did not show up LOL. If you think I would allow sub par service. Nada.

• Like Like x 1
  11. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bar at Andiamo Steakhouse in The D is also a great place for an awesome meal when dining solo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem I find with solo at quite a few steak houses is the sides are meant for serving more than one and you really can't get a complete meal without paying more and wasting some. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second the Jean Georges recommendation for a solo steak in the PH neighborhood.

If you don't mind heading down the strip a bit, I'd recommend Carnevino @ Palazzo. My favorite steak joint in Vegas and about as solo-friendly as it gets.

• Like Like x 2
  14. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sides...yeah, I wonder about that. I might just skip them, or say, heck and go for some asparagus!

15. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had great solo bar steakhouse experiences at Strip House, Carnevino, Mon Ami Gabi ( Not a high end steakhouse but I like it ) & Vic & Anthony's ( Downtown ). I ate at the bar at SW but didn't love the bar vibe that much, and I love everything Wynn. I ate at the bar at Cut and felt upsold on the wine by the bartender ( attractive woman ), like I got convinced to spend more money. On the other hand, at Carnevino the bartender was very generous with tasting wines, I probably got a good free glass or 2 in tastings. I also felt that the bartender, another cute woman, at Mon Ami Gabi was generous.

I walked into Gordon Ramsey's bar area and didn't like the vibe for solo dining.

The 2 that stand out for me are Carnevino and V&A's. Carnevino because the bartender remembered me from months ago and was friendly and talkative and great service. I like Carnevino a lot. I went to V&A's during a Christmas holiday and they were great, I really felt less lonely during the holiday. I did choose to be alone in Vegas for Christmas, but I still felt lonely. The bartenders really made me feel welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my experience as well (though not at the bar). The waiter tried to upsell us every step of the way. That shit's off-putting at Outback, let alone a place where you're paying $200 pp.

I hate it because I loved my meal. But I'm always so hesitant to go back due to that experience. Of course, now that I know it wasn't a one off, I might just have to write off CUT completely. Bummer.

18. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're all good. Go wherever you can get the meal comped.

19. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Charlie Palmer's Cut of the Week. Changes every week, but you'll get a couple of sides, unlimited wine, dessert... and not break the bank. I think it costs $55?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you pay high end for a meal and do not think as one person you not deserve to be treated well. I paid $109. at Homestead Steakhouse at Caesars. Had a booth for people watching.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.