1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrading to Diamond and earning extension

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Marilynfan, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a brief trip to Vegas recently and put $60 in slots at Paris while waiting for my table at Mon Ami Gabi. I played for probably 30 minutes at most and left with $60. So minimal play - I have a TR card but haven't played at their properties in probably 3-4 years as I've been loyal to MLIFE.

Anyway, I looked online and I have Sun-Thurs comps at most properties - which is crazy to me I can book 5 nights in a row comped at Planet Hollywood in December. I had a look at Caesars Windsor because it is a 3.5 hour drive away and we were looking for something to do on our vacation - sure enough can get a room there too.

I have confirmed with Caesars Windsor that they are accepting Gold MLIFE cards to do the diamond upgrade. Which is fantastic for me since I had an unusual year with 3 trips and got gold for the first and only time. It expires Sept 30 so it would be great to use it to get something else.

I had a look at the extension offer which would give me diamond until January 2019. I'm planning 2 trips to Vegas next year so it would be nice to get to try using the Diamond perks while there. It says that if your tier match date is Aug 1 - 31 you can earn tier credits between Sept 1 - Dec 31, 2017 and if you get 5000 you will kept diamond for another year.

I'm not familiar with CET tier credits how much $ would I have to run through the machine to achieve 5000 points? We could tier upgrade on Aug 31 and start earning Sept 1 on the same trip. However, I'm thinking it might take me a couple trips by Dec in order to achieve that. I only play slots.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize the tier credits I can earn? Is there a way to do it online by playing gamers, etc? I am in Canada so can't get the credit card.

2. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    quick answer, Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $5 thru slots, so 5000 x $5= $25000 thru the machines. Since you know how to go online, go to your TR login site, go to "earn and redeem" on the top, then select "earn tier credits" on that page, it will give you the details on how you earn tier credits (more than just gaming, by the way). Notice the "tier credit bonus section" and see if any of those goals are attainable for you, I would assume that if you are gold with Mlife, you should be able to earn 5000 TR tier credits quite easily. As to online games, by buying coins you can get reward credits, I am not sure about tier credits.

3. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I you "go online", you'll see that the FB game only nets you RCs, not TCs. If you get a good run and can reach 2500 TCs in a day, you'll get a 2500 bonus and reach your goal. Playing a good bit of VP could help you reach your goal in a day, unless you want to spread it out.. There are a few threads on here that will specify the wheres and machines. Good luck!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 TC = $5 coin in on slots, $1 in hotel spend.

They have daily bonuses if you earn a certain number of TCs in a single day:

500 TC ($2,500 coin-in), you get 125 bonus TCs
    1,000 TC ($5,000 coin-in), you get 1,000 bonus TCs
    2,500 TC ($12,500 coin in), you get 5,000 bonus TCs

The shortest route would be to do $12,500 in a single day, you'd end up netting 7,500 TCs

The longer route would be:
    • Three 1,000 TC days ($15,000 total coin in) which would net you 6,000 TCs with the bonuses, or
    • Two 1,000 TC days and two 500 TC days ($15,000 total coin in), which would net you 5,250 TCs with the bonuses, or
    • Eight 500 TC days ($20,000 total coin in) which would net you 5,000 TCs with the bonuses.

I'm assuming the TC earning rate and bonuses are the same at Windsor as they are in Vegas, I didn't look.

Your theo loss on the coin in is going to be somewhere around $1,250 - $2,000 depending on how you do it. I'd think pretty hard about whether the Diamond perks are worth that for two trips next year, given that you said you already have comp room availability.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the information. Sounds like it may not be worth the effort in the end.

6. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually Windsor is better for US players since the CAD is worth about 25% less than USD, but 5 CAD still gets you 1 TC. But the opposite is true for Canadian players coming to the US as they have to spend more than 5 CAD to get 1 TC. Also earn RCs in Canada and spend then in the USA.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes whatever RC we earn in Windsor we'll be saving for Vegas. I think we'll go the once and see what happens. Won't chase diamond. I'm done with MLIFE and we're keen to see what staying/eating at CET properties will be like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you're looking to switch and have a trip coming up, it won't hurt to do the match. Book a trip or two in advance and see where the cards fall.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.