1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip recap/Vegas Vlogs, 17-20 Jul Palazzo 22-26 Jul Mirage

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sam_marques, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Some of you might remember my TR videos (Vegas Vlogs) from the last couple of years! We're Back :)

I wanted to give a quick recap and highlights.

Our trip started in LA for 3 nights (wonderful)

Vegas -

The first three nights were at Palazzo, we upgraded (for a charge) at check in to the Prestige Level.

For us, this was definitely worth it!! 2 adults 1 child. The lounge was never busy, breakfast every morning and evening cocktails were great. The service in the lounge was outstanding.

I also took part in the high limit slot pull and meet and greet from @Chuck2009x which was so fun and great to put faces to screen names. Especially meeting @Funstuie @Drewm1972 @MikeOPensacola and everybody else, names escape me right now.

A first for me was a visit to the Drybar in PH miracle mile shops, I was nervous as I have super curly hair that I blow dry myself, I did stalk a stylist on Instagram for awhile before requesting her for my appointment. I needn't have worried, it was amazing!! For $49 plus tip, free champagne!! It was very relaxing, I made another appointment for my last day but had to cancel because......well....Vegas lol

I will definitely return every trip!

This was my son (9) third summer trip and most days are spent at the pool (or Lego shop ) but one day it was raining and we decided to check out Circus circus Adventure dome, it was okay, very loud!! But my son had a good time but also mentioned that he didn't need to go back.

A favourite of ours is Espressamente Illy, not only for a good coffee but also for gelato which is an amazing afternoon treat.

We returned to the Wynn buffet for dinner after not visiting for a couple of years, I'm not really a massive buffet fan but I can see why it's still a top Vegas buffet, everything we tried was tasty and fresh!

We had two nights at the Kachina Lodge at the Grand Canyon South Rim before returning to Vegas.

My host had us booked into a Two Bed Penthouse Suite with VIP check in which was great, the VIP 'lounge' is handy to pop into for beer, wine, coffee soda etc.

Our room wasn't ready (12pm) so we popped over to Harrahs to see Mac King, I used the vouchers from the TR desk, free tickets with a drink purchase, I used TR rewards credit to pay (around $45) for 3 drinks. Loved loved loved Mac King, so much better than I thought it would be, will definitely return!

Oh gosh, this is longer than I thought it would be already !!

We usually stay in a One Bed Tower Suite, but this was a real treat, the suite was absolutely huge!

I will have room walk through up on my channel soon.

California Pizza Kitchen - always great!

Bellagio buffet - meh! What's happened.... I used comps, had I paid I would've been disappointed!

Counts Kustoms - we don't watch the show but picked up a tee for a friend, interesting......

Bellagio cafe - always wonderful, love this cafe, a must stop every trip!! Great mojitos!!

Mirage pool cabana - Aaaahhhh wow just wonderful, we were lucky enough to have this comped, so relaxing, and our favourite pool cabana so far! ( we've previously had cabana at MGM, Wynn and Mandalay Bay ) but this was definitely the best! I would pay for this in the future!!

We ordered food from California Pizza Kitchen to be delivered to the cabana which was wonderful!

Before we arrived in Vegas we gave our son the choice of which cirque show we would see, he had already seen Love and KA, he wanted to see KA again, bizarrely we were in the same seats as before, we really enjoyed this show, I think it's a great show for a young boy.

Our last day was mostly spent off strip, last minute shopping, returning the rental car etc, our final dinner was on the patio at Lago at Bellagio, a wonderful experience and a great way to end the trip!

The next morning our limo arrived at 6am to take us back to reality.....

I didn't film much slot play this trip as it was more about family time and trying to film, edit and upload while spending time with the family and fitting in slot play was a challenge.

Gambling was brutal!!!!! I guess when I did got the chance to play, I went full degen lol ( hubby does not gamble at all)
    Comps - all f&b, cabana, limo etc charged to the rooms, on check out at both hotels, we were just left with gratuities!!

I was hoping to meet up with a couple of board members but you know............Vegas.
    If you've made it this far, well done!! I will return on my annual solo slotting trip in January!

Until then, I hope you enjoy my Vegas Vlogshttps://www.youtube.com/playlist…

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope I post these pics properly [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some more pics [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like it was a really fun trip, thank you for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Sam!!! Great TR!!! Brought some little memories back lol... meet & greet was awesome had great time wish it was winning session darn it!!! My wife says hello... btw we are going back in few weeks oh damn!!! Another trip Lady Gaga concert and wife(me) loves vegas too much !!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Sam!
    Great
    TR and pics!

All three of my minions are into LEGO big time. Just not the picking them up part!
    My feet are sore from stepping on those pieces that always seem to be left over on the floor. :eek:

Thanks for your report and pics full of smiles! :D

Respectfully,

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  9. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Vlog! Always enjoy seeing video trip reports. You did a nice job!
    The Del Taco you had in Baker was not one of the originals. Bummer. The one you were looking for is actually in Barstow.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the report with all the pics of your happy family having a great time in Vegas.
    Thank you. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pix!

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fabulous photos Sam; looks like a wonderful family trip. I keep hearing great things about Drybar at PHo.....I'm going to give it a try in September.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff, @sam_marques !

Love seeing happy, close families. You guys are doing something right! :beer:

Thanks for all the great pics.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!
    It was so wonderful meeting you and your lovely wife! Enjoy Lady Gaga that's sounds like an amazing trip!!
    Lol I know exactly what you mean, lego lego everywhere!!! I'm so happy you enjoyed the TR, thank you!
    Thank you! Lol I thought at the time, what's all the fuss about haha now I know, I need to do the same trip again one day so I'll make sure I go to the right Del Taco :)
    Thank you so much!
    Thank you!
    Thank you Breanna61! Yes definitely try the Drybar, it's a must do on every trip for me now.
    Thank you very much for your kind words :)

15. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the well done summary for us to enjoy. Just out of curiosity, what made Count's Kustoms "interesting"? I visited them a few years ago and found it meh. Some vehicles in his showroom even had flat tires. Definitely not kept up. More of the same for you?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Funstuie

Funstuie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. and it was really nice meeting you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like u had a great time !

• Like Like x 1
  18. sam_marques

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think interesting was the right word, I should've said strange!! The showroom seemed well kept but the whole vibe was strange, maybe because we don't watch the show or maybe the rules being barked at us in the little entrance/exit room :blink:, it was very off putting lol

Thank you Stuie! :beer:

Thank you!

19. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! The gatekeeper at KA is Gary. I met him a few times. He was a longtime poster
    from the old Las Vegas Talk message board going back 20 years ago. Did you know him?
    Good to see him! He was always very informative. He is also a Mime.

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report and pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.