1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New MLife offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by tess444, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tess444

tess444 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I just received my new MLife offers yet when I try to click on a hotel I get a prompt saying 'unfortunately this offer does not apply to you'.

Is this a glitch or? I am gold card level and get offers constantly. Oddly I am looking to book for early sept. and this appeared but now I am left shaking my head.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    DT

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got it too. And cannot book them either.

They show up on Mlife.com under My Gaming Offer. They are pretty good offers. The lower ones are giving 3 Comped Nights from Mandalay to MGM. Aria and Mirage 2 Nights and Bellagio just cheap nights.

They are all offering -
    • $50 in M life Rewards Resort Credit for Food and Beverage
    • Call for FREEPLAY® Amount

3. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. jill38

jill38 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kept refreshing it.. i got Bellagio to show the dates.. I was able to book Bellagio for our February trip. Best part.. The weekend was showing comped also.

5. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its a glitch. I have the same thing. Someone didn't program it in right. In my case I might understand as I have 2 bookings already for the next 3 months. maybe give it a day and then call. Eventually they should fix it.

6. Honey2Nelly

Honey2Nelly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That happens to me too - but it usually works fine the next day or if I use a different device. I'm actually surprised I was able to book a trip today because usually the glitch happens right after the new offer is posted.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife glitch, again. I called MB about an offer I had already applied, but they also spoke to my CURRENT offer, which, like you, the site wasn't letting me book.

I prefer booking online, but if you can't, you should be able to by phone. (And on phone you don't need the cc hold $)

8. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new offer from today has disappeared on me now. Maybe someone jumped the gun and it wasn't supposed to be on the site yet. Hope it comes back in a day or 2.

9. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this the "Book by August 15th" offer?

10. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, there was a new one today, book by Sept 15

11. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I see it now. Book by September 15th.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'm getting that message too. Always cracks me up. What a way to say it.

When I load that offer and look at the individual hotels, it says it's good for stays starting August 15th - not August 10 which is the date on the offer card that displays. So my guess is they mis-programmed the start date, and if you go in on August 15, it might start working. Or they might fix it before then, although I doubt it.
    upload_2017-8-12_10-41-38.png

I have two offers with overlapping dates, one that popped up right after I stayed in July - it ends in January. And then this new one that ends in Februrary. The offers have the same terms but different codes.

If you're not in a rush, I'd just keep checking until they fix it, or if the time comes where you really need to book, note the offer code for the hotel you want to stay at, and call. If you have multiple offers with different codes for your hotel, write them all down and then just go through them with whoever you talk to until you hit one that they can book.

If the terms are all the same, I'd try to book the oldest offer first, so you keep any later ones open just in case you end up being able to use them.

One other thing - this is now two offers a month apart with start dates and end dates that are a month later than the previous one. So it'll be interesting to see if we are now going to get these every month instead of basically a somewhat irregular quarterly schedule. That should make it easier to book further out as long as they can get them to work.

Adding: I just played around a little bit. I found my older offer also gave the no soup for you message when I was logged into the main MLife site. But when I went to the Luxor site, I went most of the way through the booking process and it appeared like it would work.

But the newer offer doesn't show up at all on the Luxor site. So it could be the start date thing, or some variation on offers not being fully properly integrated with the hotels.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  13. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked this morning and I can book the two free nights at the Aria but the rest of them say No Soup for You. Classic.

14. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to get a new overlapping offer most of last year (right before the last one expires). I still kept getting them but my offers dropped right off from Nov - Apr. They got back to normal again for me in May and with this one will be the 4th month in a row. They always seem to show up about 3-5 days before the last one is about to expire.It was more important for me before, because before as soon as I booked the offer it disappeared. Now even when I book the offer, it disappears but I can go directly into the site for one of the other hotels and the offer is still there.

15. KennerDan

KennerDan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also no soup, though my most recent mailers from MB and Luxor are better anyway...

16. Vision

Vision Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello guys,

So i've been reading about offers and such and some of you already know that I am getting comped up front through my host. However I am curious as to why when I go through the Mlife site I don't see any comped rooms and only see reduced rates?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Honey2Nelly

Honey2Nelly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mlife site sucks. Maybe you'll see the offers by going to the property specific sites but it sounds like you're getting a better deal going through a host anyway.

18. Vegas55

Vegas55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    However I am curious as to why when I go through the Mlife site I don't see any comped rooms and only see reduced rates?

I can see the Penthouse and 1k my host is providing. I just log in and go to "View My Rewards". If it still doesn't show up I would contact your host.

19. Donna

Donna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also got the "offer not applicable for you" message, before 8-15. After 8-15, when I tried to change my current reservation of 2 comp nights to the new offer of 3 comp nights at the Mirage, the message I received was "offer not available for these dates".

I just called the 800 number listed in the offer and was able to get the 3 comp nights.

With mlife website, anyone else have an issue where the upcoming itinerary does not show? Sometimes it's there, but not today. Host rep I talked to said she would email my new reservation, but I haven't received it, and can't confirm by checking the website.

20. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of my offers for Comped Rooms are lumped under My Gaming Offer. You bring that up and then choose the Resort from the drop down menu and it will show you what each Resort is offering.

I booked my rooms last week and she said it would take awhile to go to the My Itinerary but sent me two emails since. Today I logged in and was able to search my confirmation number and find my reservation and price breakdown etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.