1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carolineno's live-ish low roller, overpriced cocktail trip report! Cosmo 8/9-8/12

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by carolineno, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resting after walking about a bit. I won some at blackjack and at pai gow poker at the Cromwell (yes the had 4 or so ten dollar bj tables with the good pays ) so i feel a bit more confident in my ability to handle money LOL. Maybe just table games for me.

We ate at Mon Ami again and everything was great. No drinks on my hit list were had but the day is young. I did get a comped drink at Bond but just wine - i was all hard liquored out believe it or not! I also got a full house, which was ok for 15 minutes of play. We might head to the mirage later.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caroline, no! :blink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! More to the point, i think im all mixer-ed out. Leaning towards these cucumber vodka & club sodas now.

Still can't pry myself off the terrace. I think I'm adjusting to the heat!

4. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are here now. I think I'm going to get the paella basquez [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far!
    I wonder if TAG comps Golden Monkey... I haven't had that in years...lol

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report... I am jealous!

7. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for following along everyone! [emoji173]

Dinner was great at blue ribbon. Our server really knew a lot about the food so he sold me on the paella. It was a huge portion! My friends really liked the fried chicken & found the steak to be just ok. Good experience.

Then we went to frankies! The drinking was catching up with me so i just had 2 simple mai tais. Cabbed it back to Cosmopolitan, watched the fountains for a while, had some good talks & went to bed. Zzz [emoji4]

8. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot the pics![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tiki Room! Awesome. :clap:
    Glad you're having fun.

10. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back from the pool, going to Aria to redeem a MyVegas purchase. We got some seating near the East bar. We could gaze at the tv but all the news seems bad right now.

Aria also emailed me something about having an Anchorman slot machine a few weeks ago, so we're going to try and find out if that has arrived yet. [​IMG]

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always read your screen name as CarolineinReno for some reason... my dyslexia I guess. Glad you're having a great time... Thanks for sharing it with us!

12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw a thunderstorm warning for the Vegas area...Be careful out there girl!

13. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anchorman slots! Now we're talking! If you find it, post a picture please along with the location.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  14. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok back from walking around Aria, Monte Carlo and nyny. I had some luck at pai gow but the slot machines still hate me.

We used the MyVegas reward at nine fine irishmen and i finally got the black & black, which was Guinness & currant something. Very good!

I did find the Anchorman slot. It was fun to play but I didn't want to give back too much money. I might go back & play it tomorrow before I leave. Its just starting to rain here on the terrace. We're supposed to go to Jewel tonight but im kind of spent. We might go to just check out the interior of the club,pound our prossecco and be off.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anchorman is a must. Thanks for sharing. Good luck tonight!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found out that Cosmo has the Monkees too, in the front near the strip. At the Henry again, interesting cocktails.

They are playing great music here tonight. The Soft Boys & the Jam - I guess they have my number![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok last sunrise of the trip. Today is the day i walk all over the place so I'm trying to force myself to rest as long as possible.

Gambling continues to be unprofitable but I did have some planet moolah luck - that game is so fun! Probably going to have one last session at the Cromwell after my tour to see if I can end it on a higher note.

All the club kids invaded yesterday. They are so strange! When I compared notes with my friends we realized that none of us actually wanted to go to a club once we got a look at the clientele. There was a Sephora convention here earlier in the week & the make up ladies were much nicer/less creepy than the club goers any day of the week!

I'll need to pace myself today but I think it will be fun. The weather is hot but not excessively so, and no storms in the forecast. Using one more lettuce entertain coupon. Looking forward to my prickly pear margarita,and possibly ending the trip with a bit more knowledge about downtown. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Cheched my email in preparation for returning to reality & cosmo is giving me $30 freeplay! As a low roller, this is unprecedented!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scott Blair

Scott Blair VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Maybe I should just skip the sleep thing altogether!"

this is what I do when I have the early morning flight. maybe a nap in the afternoon then head to the airport early. Gambling from 2-4am has been good to me in the past.

Pre-Summer Trip
  20. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I think the lack of sleep + extra alcohol tends to catch up with me sooner & sooner every year.

Made a whopping $18 on my freeplay. Visited the Bellagio & just got some starbucks here at the Grand Bizarre shops at Ball s LOL. Just in time - i thought i could wait until lunch but i started getting hungry quickly.

Found some sculptural work at Bellagio that i hadn't seen. And the conservatory- when life gives you lemons LOL

Marching on to Flamingo to look for a throwback t-shirt.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.