1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me pack. :)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RookSpud, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas is pretty easy to pack for. While I don't stay for much longer than 3 days, a small carry-on is plenty for what I bring.
    • 1 or 2 sets of business casual clothing (plus decent shoes) should be good to get you into pretty much any high-end restaurant.
    • Just bring whatever comfortable clothes/shoes you would normally wear back home in hot weather, and try to bring a spare set or two if you feel like changing out of sweaty clothes.
    • Bring swimsuit, sandals, and sunblock for the pool.
    • Depending on where you stay, you may be able to ask housekeeping for a toothbrush and razor for no charge. Shampoo and soap aren't needed, of course.
    • Bring whatever styling equipment you feel you need.
    • Bring chargers for your phone and other electronic devices you're going to bring to Vegas. If you have a portable charger, you might want to bring it along.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pokerfool

Pokerfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [QUOTE="LilyJDragonfly, post: 1490286, member: 20297" The two-dollar bill is a great compromise. Staff remembers you!

Same thing with cocktail waitresses/bartenders particularly if you're a slots player - $2 bill gets me very consistent service.

For bellboy...[/QUOTE]
    My normal Bell desk $2 bill paid off in spades on my recent trip. When I returned to Aria after a day of gambling and was running late to the airport (who budgets an hour to get from downtown to strip? Not me and it almost bit,) recognized me walking up, had & kept my bag upright at the ready like it was a Lambo they would proudly display at the entrance.

I always throw down a fin or a $2 for that first drink regardless. Seems like any service industry tip, almost should be expected, yet still appreciated when just treating people like you'd like to be treated.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.