1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker All American VP. Any tutorials?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by Champster1, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headings to Horseshoe S. Indy in 3 weeks. Last visit I noticed a game that appeared to be full pay, called All American VP. Full House, Flush and straight all paid 8 credits! 3 of a kind paid 3 credits and a pair and 2 pair paid 1 credit!. I cant remember if 4 OAK paid 35 or 40 credits.

Anyone familiar with this game? Its not on Videopoker.com!

2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. kaeldon23

kaeldon23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlike most video poker games, the most common paytable change in All-American is the quad.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A crappier version offers 40 for 1 for quads and 7 for 1 full houses, flushes, and straights. A Strip bartop worthy 96.27% there. Sheldon used to offer that, but still too good of an offering for him. Dick, lol. And the way HSI has been run since the "great CET video poker purge" of 2013, I would also guess this paytable is a possibility at HSI too.

@Champster1, unfortunately I highly doubt the version you found at HSI is "full pay" as 40 for 1 quads and 8 for 1 FH/FL/STR8 returns 100.72%, which is against Indiana law (100% max return).

It's possible quads are 35 for 1 (99.6%) with 8/8/8, Harrah's Tunica had that until it closed, but that's probably wishful thinking.

You find these on the old bally's game makers? There is a chance they got overlooked in the purge I guess. But if so, I'll be annoyed I missed it in 2012.

As for strategy, are you possibly a videopoker.com gold member? In that case you could just alter a Jacks or Better or Bonus Deluxe paytable to match 35/8/8/8 or 40/7/7/7 all American.

Here is a strategy chart for 35/8/8/8.

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/a-1-b-6-c-1-d-0-d-1-d-1-d-3-d-8-d-8-d-8-d-35-d-200-d-800/

Also note the straight flush pays 200 for 1 with this game. And two pair pays 1 for 1 of course.

Strategy overall is a big pain in the ass thanks to the high straight, flush, and straight flush pays unfortunately.

Please take a pic of the game if you remember. I would be curious to see how good or bad it was.

6. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do tringlomane ( take a picture). If memory serves me correctly it was a rather old machine , upright ,5/6 in a circle!

Thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions. I actually found a rather slow tutorial that lets you adjust hands to "hard" or "random"!

7. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure when your last visit to HSI was but they got a lot of new machines around the first of July so it may be gone now. I dont recall seeing it when I was there 7/5 but didnt look at much besides the JoB. The best I saw was the $1 JoB machines that paid 9/5 (with a lower royal payout). The 25 cent machines were 7/5.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not touch it even if it was real full pay. As @tringlomane said above,
    the high pay straight/flush badly messed up the strategy.
    Basically you are chasing the straight/flush all the time.
    You will find yourself holding two small suited cards a lot, very painful and stupid.

9. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you got some good advice from The masters, Champ.
    Hugs to you & LilSis, hoping to run into her if she comes out for her BD next month.:wave:

10. dex844

dex844 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would play it for sure. A few extra lines on a strategy chart won't ruin my day.

Strategy is a departure from most other games, but small suited connectors aren't held very often. Higher-priority holds include any high card, 3-card open-ended straight, or 3 to a flush.

11. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with Horseshoe So. Ind. is that they hate VP players. They have one machine listed on VPFree, a 99.1% Double Bonus (9/7/5). It's a dollar denom and three or five play. It's been there since it was Caesars. Maybe they forgot about it. Every other paytable has been downgraded six or eight times. Last time we checked Belterra had one 9/6 dollar JoB, but as previously noted Horseshoe's dollars are 9/5 at best, bartop quarters feature that bean counter favorite 6/5.

12. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Wow. CLV. I must be on to something good with this AA VP if you are chiming in!!! I'll be back in October. Lil sis? You never know! Good to hear from a Vegas legend!

13. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed dex844. This https://www.videopokertrainer.org/ has been very helpful. Definitely a change of pace!

14. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas legend, lol, you flatter me.:thumbsup:
    I don't generally use the inbox here, but if you feel like splaining trips? Will give it a go.
    Got lotsa trips in the works, so will keep my ears on. Stay well Champ! :trophy:

15. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do. Stay well. Hope to see you soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.