$20 MGM Grand

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. PrarieLiving

PrarieLiving Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to be a dead thread. Has anyone used this when booking a StayWell and checking in their little room? No idea if it's harder as there are less staff.

2. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Prince of Pai Gow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry no experience with StayWell

3. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be trying this trick on a MyVegas comped room in August. Will report back.

4. Mav187

Mav187 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just tried the $20 trick this past weekend at MGM. The front desk person said I didn't have to pay her and gave me back the bill. The rooms were 99% capacity so they were not able to give me an upgrade on Saturday night, but she offered an upgrade on Sunday night. Since it was a hassle to go back the next day, we passed.

5. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Thanks! Going two Tuesdays from today. Very excited to see what happens with mine! Also, going to be interesting to see what happens since I have MyVegas comped rooms.

6. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck ffejry. We had a free corporate offer one year and the 20 trick upgraded us to an executive suite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mav187

Mav187 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me know how it goes. I'm curious if they will give you upgrade for multiple days.

8. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got upgraded to Grand king room from West wing. Not sure if much of an upgrade or not. I consider it a success due to it being a myvegas comp

• Like Like x 3
  9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's about a $30-40 per night upgrade for 100 more square feet plus more privacy in the bathroom. Still, an upgrade is an upgrade :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Mav187

Mav187 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not bad. Congrats. I was also offered that upgrade on my 2nd night. I will be using my myVegas comp next time I go to Vegas, so this is encouraging.

11. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually got an offer for a suite for free, but only for the first night. More details in the pending trip report (if I ever recover). This was unrelated to the $20 trick. But I should have taken this offer to see what the suite was like!

12. Bosyn

Bosyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else try lately? My wife and I have a Run of the House reserved but not sure what that means.

13. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Run of the house means simply when you are checking in they will offer whatever they have available it may be king bed non smoking or double queen smoking... this is why "run of the house" is usually little less expensive.

you can ask for upgrade w or w/o $20 -never done one sorry couldn't help you.

14. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your odds of an upgrade is pretty good. However, if you have mobile check in, I recommend it. Read my previous post. It was not worth the upgrade after waiting in the check-in lne for well over an hour.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. Bosyn

Bosyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you Drewm1972

16. Bosyn

Bosyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you ffejry. I'm hoping the line will be shorter for checkin on a Sunday.

17. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to determine if anyone has either booked a west wing room or run of the house and was successfully able to upgrade to a Tower room with the $20 trick...If I hear yes I'll try it this weekend

18. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the grand king room , going to try the 20 usd trick at checking , anyone tried it lately????

19. TehRed

TehRed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer, is there much point in trying the $20 trick if you need to be in a two queen bed room? I would imagine that there's far more rooms available to be upgraded into if you're in a king room. That said, my next stay will be in the MGM and i'm wondering if it's worth trying as they do have the Executive queen suites?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SubieRo

SubieRo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    went to AAA and booked a week trip to MGM Grand with my sister. On her bucket list, but new at travelling together. AAA got us a west wing room and now it looks so small. Being new travellers to LV and signed up for MLife rewards, what are our chances of getting upgraded to Grand King rooms? KInd of shy about tipping the $20+. Not sure we can pull it off being newbies without embarrassing ourselves.