1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Opinions on Linq

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BlueBellThunder, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a 5 night stay for a solo trip a Linq. Any opinions if the rooms are nice? I believe it was renovated a couple of years ago. I've read the rooms aren't that big, but since it's just me it doesn't matter, the wife prefers a larger room, but I'm going myself. She doesn't want to leave the dog at doggie camp. We just to Vegas in April and she thinks it's to soon to go back. But it ain't for me. She gave the ok for a solo trip, so I booked it before she could change her mind.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

2. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linq is great for 1 or 2 people. Wouldn't recommend any more than that but you'll enjoy the room on a solo trip.

3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Linq for a few days. It's fine & I'd go back if the main goal was to gamble and not entertain in the room. The beds are really good, the rooms are clean and thoughtfully designed considering how small they are. In my room there was this long but narrow shelving, for putting cokes and keys and misc. crap on, which was just what I needed. Not sitting at a desk writing a bildungsroman, just emptying my pockets.

Some cons, or more like things to inspect upon check in. I had problems with the hot water, as in, we didn't always have it, so if that is important, please check asap. Also, the safe was locked and I couldn't wait around for maintenance to open it, so that was a small pain. The view was no good, but I did nothing to get a good view so that's what you get when you don't ask. Also, no tub, and the shampoo & stuff is in this dispenser, which kind of grossed me out the more I thought about it, so I brought my own soaps and hair stuff.

It wasn't pool season so I can't speak to that.

The gym was ok, cardio machines a bit older but some ok weight options (that I didn't bother with, cuz, Vegas).

The location can't be beat. Having Squeeze nearby is heavenly. If you get sick of CET you can cross the street and you have the Mirage. T.I. and Wynn aren't too far either.

Have a great time!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Linq last year. I enjoyed the stay. I appreciated the frig in the room. Would stay there again without question. Great location.

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it and would stay again. Went with my two sisters in a double room. It wasn't fancy, but well-appointed enough for our purposes. And we found it to be a lively property with a great location.

6. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Linq is great and you can't beat the location. I'm staying there for the 5th time in a couple weeks before heading downtown for the rest of the trip.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at The Linq twice. Like others said, room is small but great location. I also had the safe problem, which sucked that I had to wait around. I did not like the AC because it's the older in room style, so it's noisy. But you can't beat it for price and location.

Top tip, take the elevators behind the elevators, they're much less crowded and faster. If you like beer go to Tag bar, great selection and the bartenders are great.

8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was dismayed that there wasn't a coffee maker in the room. I went down to complain that I always have coffee makers in my room when I stay at a CZR property. They sent up a Keurig coffee maker with pods and real creamers (not the powdered stuff). The coffee was refreshed every morning. The fridge did not work...not even slightly chilled...nothing. The bathroom was nice and the room was 'modern-smart' but not 'warm'.

9. BlueBellThunder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried the 20 sandwich there?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding was that the fridge's are off by default, you have to plug them in or something.

11. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've considered it in the past since I usually do the $20 trick, but I never have at Linq because none of their better rooms really intrigue me. The "suites" are essentially just two of the regular rooms with no wall between them.

12. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah we had to turn it on or plug it in (can't remember which).

13. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIP love tubs. You are missed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linq is great for solo trips. And the fridge is a nice bonus for a 5 day stay...allows you to store cold drinks and leftovers.

15. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like to spend alot of time in the room, do not stay at the Linq, the rooms are very small. Other than that I really enjoy the Linq, there is a fun atmosphere(I love Osheas) and the promenade has some great places to eat/drink. Cant really beat the location either. If i am doing a trip with the girlfriend I would stay somewhere else, but a solo trip or a trip with the guys, Linq isnt a bad option at all

16. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love The Linq, planning on going back over Labor Day and staying there. I have not tried the $20 sandwich but we have been upgraded to a suite there twice and paid for an upgrade once. There are two room suites, I believe that there are a class of rooms that has a bed and sitting are that are not separated, stayed there the first time and can not remember what they call them. The pool is nice in that it is over 21 only. The best part is the mid strip location.

My point of view comes from staying at NYNY and Monte Carlo.

17. BlueBellThunder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a solo trip, and I don't spend anytime in the room except to sleep and shower. Now with the wife I would agree a larger room is necessary.

18. timmmmm

timmmmm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed there about a year ago. The room was small, but it was remodeled and very clean. The location on the strip was great. We didn't use the pool, but it looked small. The elevators were the only thing I didn't like. There always seemed to be a decent wait to go up.

19. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always go to the other elevators that are behind the main elevators. They are much quicker because people don't go to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the room and bathroom, but the layout of the actual hotel was...Kafkaesque. I felt like I was trapped in a sci fi dystopian film navigating the halls, and the fact that the towers are named 'zones' or whatever didn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.