1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Colesc15, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time in Vegas. Went to cosmo earlier today and signed up for their card. The promo they had was if you earn 500 points you get 1 free buffet, or 1,000 points got you two free buffets. Well, I hit that 1,000 points in probably an hour(on my way to dropping like $1,500 in that hour, unfortunately). When I redeemed my promo to get the buffet vouchers, the lady said to keep an eye out in my email in the next day or two as someone will probably be reaching out because I earned the points so fast? Am I going to be getting a decent offer or something?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo usually will give you a bounce back offer via e-mail a few days after "drop in" play.

My rough guess is they will give you $50 FP for that amount of play. It will only be based on your theoretical loss unfortunately (~$250).

3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is our TOP spot, and we find their player program (and upfront comp offers) to be the best we've seen on the strip. Our offers have consistently been for 4 nights anytime...very generous.

They're also surprisingly generous with teaser offers. My father-in-law, who only plays VP, and NOT in huge numbers, AND often forgets to use his card all the time...actually got a "2 nights free on specific nights" offer...and I'd bet he plays less than you.

If someone there said to look for offers...they probably have a feel for the levels for teasers, I'm betting/hoping it's for something like my father-in-law got, or possibly better. :)

Let us know what you get for an offer if you remember, and good luck!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms are great, and the offers have been good if you put huge value on the room. I am platinum at Cosmo, almost entirely from gambling. I only get 3 free night room offers and $50 free play. Other places (CET, Mlife) offers are more like $500 free play with their room offers. Like I said, if you value the rooms at Cosmo, which are really nice, at a couple hundred per night, then it's good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll probably get a slot host getting in touch or a marketing offer for a couple of nights. They're hoping you can keep up that level of play for a few hours a day.

6. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I've found Cosmo's comps to be very, very stingy. I've put in days where I earned over 2,000 points from video poker, and the best (and only) offer I've every gotten was $5 in free play. Still worth it to get Sterling just for the one comped room night.

7. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is a hot property right now. They have the club crowd who buys rooms at full price as well. It's always busy there too. So I think them giving average players free nights is not being stingy at all. I have only spent minimal time playing at Cosmo as everytime I have booked a comped stay there, I had many activities planned and was also either double or triple booked between them Wynn, and Palazzo. I still get free anytime nights and free play. My opinion is they are far from stingy. They aren't hurting for business as someone who isn't a big player ( my 4 night bankroll is usually around $10K) I think they have been more than generous with my offers and low play trips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email this morning. $145 in free play to come back and be used by end of tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  9. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a lot of people mention getting room offers from Cosmo, but I've never seen a whiff of it. I emailed that host that was on this board last year about matching offers, and he told me he couldn't offer me anything either. In fact, he told me that in order to start getting offers for video poker play, you needed at least $30,000 coin-in per day. I've gotten about 10k points over my last 10-12 sessions or so and gotten one offer for $5 free-play.

10. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rather have 500 in FP than 50, I'm not in Vegas to stay in the room, I'm there to play :ssst:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. Maybe they have a 10% of actual loss rule for these too...

They base offers on exact theo for video poker. So $30,000 coin in at 9/6 JoB yields only $138 theo. And you'll get $50 in identity play from your points earned from that amount of play. So the freeplay accrued on your card is $50/$138 = is 36% of theo alone. So not surprising at all they don't offer much else.

Play $30k of 9/5 Triple Double Bonus at a bar (2.98% theo) instead and your offers would get better. Lol. Cosmo is not the place to max comps out with VP. They are very generous to slot players though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're back home. We spent a decent amount of time back at cosmo again yesterday. We shall see if I did enough to get their attention for room comps since I played through at least a few thousand dollars in a few hours. Quarter version of airplane wasn't kind.

13. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my first comp email.. Three free nights at cosmo and 225 dollars of free play. Received 3 nights at Palazzo / venetian, 100 free play dollars and 2 show tickets too. They all expire before November though :(

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should continue to get pretty much the same offers until you go again. Although I will say the amount of freeplay in Cosmo offers can potentially jump around quite a bit from cycle to cycle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they continue to send me stuff even if it's been a year since I've been there?

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know. I've never had a full year in between stays at any of the 3 places I stay (MLife, CET, Cosmo) since my first visits.

Venetian/Palazzo it took a couple of years before they stopped sending offers.
    Orleans (Boyd) stopped sending me offers exactly a year after I did some drive-by play but never took them up on an offer.
    Wynn still sends me discount offers even though I haven't dropped a dime in there in 7 or 8 years.

Cosmo might stop sending you offers after a year or so, but they'll retain your play history longer than that, so you can always call and see if they'll do anything for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.