1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Refundability on Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bridude98, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridude98

bridude98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a trip with friends for September on Frontier Airlines, and paid for the upgraded "The Works" package, which includes flight refundability. One of my friends might not be able to go now, and he and I are on the same itinerary. I'm reluctant to cancel his part online (if I can even do that), for fear of accidentally cancelling my own trip!

Also, he might still be able to go but he might not know until last minute (work obligations.) So I don't know how long I can wait to get the refund. Can I get it while in line to board the plane if he's not there?

I will be calling Frontier and get put on hold for an hour before I can speak with anyone, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience in these areas.

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about the refund ability, but you can definitely cancel a single person from an itenerary.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why you need to spend more for a flight occasionally. I just bought 2 "Works" tickets because we had to take a ton of luggage and might have needed to cancel last minute or stay longer at our destination. Things went better than expected, and I even considered changing flights to return a day early, but the seats one can get at the last minute are not good, so I stayed with the original plan.

Sorry I have no experience actually canceling under the "Works" fare. Let us know how it worked out.

4. Pokerfool

Pokerfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with Frontier customer service regarding refunds was horrible. I booked a price mistake and paid $39($1 fare and $38 taxes) RT from Chicago to Vegas in December '16. I found a SW(my preferred airline) flight for $87 all in a couple weeks later. I called Frontier, spoke to a supervisor, explained they were losing money on their seat and asked that they make an exception, refund my ticket and they'll have the ability to resell the seat. Without asking, she cancelled my flight, refused the refund, gave me a 90 day credit for the $40 which ended up going unused... Lesson learned, that will be the 'Last Frontier' for me.

5. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pokerfool - I didn't understand your example. You cancelled a $39 fare and they gave you credit (instead of getting nothing) and you aren't happy?

• Love Love x 1
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with you. Customer got a "mistake" fare and then.....

Yes, I also agree with the OP that they could easily resell that seat for more money, etc.... But, some stuff defies logic, especially with the airlines.

What really does not make any sense is that someone would totally dismiss an airline over that situation. Heck, if they had just refused to credit or refund, it still is no reason to take them out of the flying options. It is just business. Personal emotions are sometimes without logic as well.

7. kmarcin

kmarcin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought round trip airfare with frontier 2 years ago with The Works for a flight to Alaska for a cruise. In order to get lower price on same flight I was forced to cancel my existing reservation and then rebook. My credit card was credited with 5-10 business days.

I normally fly southwest, but if I fly frontier I always buy The Works.

8. bridude98

bridude98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting feedback, guys, thanks. I'll find out how things go as we get closer to the trip....

9. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An "in general" comment:

Frontier/Spirit/Allegiant operate on offering super low fares. They are not competing on the quality of customer service. Read the fine print carefully on even something like The Works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.