1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Foundation Room

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Frankr163, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just grabbed a reward for entry for 2.
    What exactly is the Foundation Room? Lounge, restaurant, night club, concert venue, or private club?
    On their website it seems they try to be all things to all people.
    Is it worth a visit? I was going mainly to check out the view.
    TIA

Anniversary Trip
  2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reviewed it for Vegas Bright last year. I also had a MyVegas comp and was happy with my experience.

The Foundation Room does try to be all things to all people. There are paid memberships offered that allows access to the full restaurant and dinner menu. They allow access with no cover charge for those who want a drink, some appetizers and to hang out on the patio for awhile. And at night it is a club with bottle service and oonce-oonce DJs.

On the other hand, I tried to coordinate a group of 12 this year for just hanging around the bar and patio, and when I tried to make reservations, we were treated as "a group" (instead of as a group of people) and were offered a limited array of food which would have been required to be ordered in advance, a $50/person minimum spend, and if we go past a designated time, a $900 bar minumum (two bottles). I was really disappointed, as our experience from the previous year was so good.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can you may want to refund your reward, unless you're going at club hours (after 9p or so). If you're going for happy hour there's no cover, and even with the MV reward you won't have access to the members only areas of the lounge.

That said I've been in there several times and the view is great (though frankly Skyfall's is better), along with a relaxed vibe and some good bartenders. I just wouldn't waste LP's on it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will I have access to the patio? Is that a members only area?
    I am not worried about wasting LP's. My wife is 2.5 million and I am around1.8. There are really nothing much to use them for anymore.
    I stay at CET properties so many rewards are just not available to us.

Anniversary Trip
  5. dmc25

dmc25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always just clicked on "contact us" or whatever on their website, and someone always emails me back and puts my party on their list (and I'm less than a micro-roller!). That patio is must-do every trip!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The patio is open to all - be advised though it's pretty small and fills up quickly, you may not be able to hang out there with any kind of group unless you get there right when the doors open. It's always a good pic-taking opportunity though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get an awesome view of the strip on the patio, especially at night with all the lights. Best to get there right before sunset so you can see it in light and then with all the lights going on. If you saw pictures of the strip from MB with a little view of the top of MB it was probably taken from the Foundation Room.

As others have mentioned, parts of the Foundation Room may not be available to all and their menu is also limited but they let me walk around before sunset and there are more private areas for private groups.

But if you like to see the strip at night this is a good place to do it.

8. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation Room patio view

IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3076.JPG

Skyfall patio view.

IMG_6968.JPG

Personally, I much preferred Skyfall to Foundation Room - both for vibe and views.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I was leaning towards Foundation room for the menu but you sold me on that view from Skyfall.

10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% agree, Skyfall is not only the best view in Vegas, it's one of the most amazing views I've seen in my life period. If you get in there shortly after 5p you can get a patio spot, and there's nothing like watching the sun go down with that view. Pictures don't do it justice - you're literally above Luxor and you can just see the tip of The STRAT ...4 miles away. I make a pilgrimage up there on every trip.

Foundation Room is also very cool though, and feels a little more exclusive and clubby, even if you're not a member.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I like the view from the Stratosphere better. I also like the view from the voodoo lounge at the Rio. Going the other way I like Skyfall and the Foundation Room, I like to see the MB sign in pictures of the strip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.