1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cypress Pool at the Bellagio

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by go to vegas more, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go to vegas more

go to vegas more Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking about reserving a chair at the Cypress Pool, mostly so I will have an umbrella. Looking at July 24 which is a Monday, the online rate is $75. I am wondering if it might be cheaper to just wait and book it when I get there. Anybody had any experience with this?

Thanks!

2. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it won't make any difference. I can't speak for the Cypress Pool, but for the Oasis Pool at Mirage I paid the same online as I did at the desk.

It's been about 3 years since I've visited the Bellagio pool but, when I was there, if you got down there 20 minutes before the pool opens and got in line you had a really good shot at getting one of the few umbrella chair/tables they had.

3. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were still regulars at Bellagio, we would reserve Cypress chairs for every day of our stay in advance. There are a lot of days, depending upon the weather and time of year, where people wander out late morning and are turned away. We soured on Bellagio, but never on the Cypress Pool. You can reserve and cancel, but full is full. I'm not sure I understand your reluctance to reserve-I'd certainly advise that you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would reserve so you don't have to worry about availability. Esp if you know you want to do this. The price doesn't change. We reserved chairs there two yrs ago and it was very nice...until 1:00, when they closed the pool down because of rain and didn't reopen even though rain stopped after an hour. Sigh...

We've since opted for cabanas!

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd reserve them up front so you're not disappointed that it's already booked. It's Vegas and once you arrive at the airport, all the money turns into Monopoly money anyway:beer:. It's a great little pool although when we were there a few years ago, they kept it pretty damn cold. The chairs are way better than the reg chairs too. Nice padding, towels already there and they come around with snacks and cold water. You can come out whenever you want in the morning and then come and go all day which is really nice.

6. go to vegas more

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input, I have reserved a chair. I was just thinking that I have been to many pools where the cost for chairs or cabanas seems to vary day to day depending on how busy it is, what the weather is doing etc. Basically I was just being cheap :)

7. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you will be happy. My wife reserved a Cypress lounger on consecutive stays during our stay at Bellagio and loved it. She really enjoyed the dedicated service and tranquility at that pool. Dean Martin is correct - I remember the water in the Cypress pool as being "cold"... it was very refreshing in the heat!

8. go to vegas more

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did enjoy the Cypress pool and the water was definitely cold! I am not sure how you manage that when it is over 100 degrees out but it was refreshing. :) I was disappointed in the drink and food service though. There was only one waitress on for the whole area and she struggled to keep up. I ordered a burger that took over an hour to arrive and came with a $7 delivery charge from room service.

It was nice not having a bunch of kids running and splashing around but to be honest the other pools didn't look like they had many either.

FYI - not sure what it is called but the pool that is past the Cypress if you are walking away from the main entrance is very clearly labeled as a no smoking area. I don't recall ever seeing that anywhere else.

I did ask if they ever reduced the rates due to it being slow and was told that in the summer it never goes below the $75.

9. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprised that the room service charge was part of the pool food experience. In my experience the orders go to the Pool Cafe and the people from that bring the food out when it is ready so it comes pretty fast.

10. go to vegas more

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised too but it was on my receipt when the food came and I just checked my folio they email and the beer I got was listed under BEL Pool Svc Cypress Bev and the hamburger was listed as BEL In Room Dining Food. Turned out to be a mediocre $30 lunch.

11. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna be in Vegas in May and want to check out the Bellagio pool even though I'm staying at mgm. I'm guess the best way to get in is reserving a chair. I also noticed you can reserve chairs for $50 online. Does anyone know where there located? I Thnik I'd rather be by thr big pool but the umbrella at the cypress pool is a plus.

Online it says for $50 you get a lounger at the main pool deck. Nothing about an umbrella though.

12. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Herder, I might be wrong but I don't think you can use Bellagio pool unless you are staying there. Not 100 percent sure...

13. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought if you reserved a chair you can get in? I've been to MB and mgm pools while not being a guest. I did have to grab a chair. I just walk over to where you rent cabanas. Is it not the same with Bellagio?

14. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know. See if you can reserve successfully online. Let us know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.