1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is O like La Reve?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by abileneblues, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was wondering how similar O is to La Reve. We saw La Reve several years ago and the long sequences of higher and higher dives pretty much put me to sleep. Even though we were in the row with the screens that show backstage happenings, it just bored me to sleep.

We were thinking about seeing O next trip to complete all the Cirque shows (except for Believe) but I can nap for free in my room.

2. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    'O' has a lot more acrobatics and clowns then Le Reve. Also 'O' has a much more... cultured feel. It feels like you are seeing something a cut above whereas Le Reve - while good - is a lot more modern.

By saying that I was bored at both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were discussing this last night, she and I both like "O" better than "Le Reve" Much more acrobatics in O, and has more of a "visceral" appeal I think. We felt tha Le Reve while in a nicer, much more luxurious theater (drink service was fantastic, we loved the reclining seats) it seemed kinda cold, and machine like. Almost as if the performers were just going through the motions. O left us with a feeling - again- very visceral imo - that we were in the story, they not only are great athletes/acrobats, but they are good stage actors. That's also something Le Reve sorely lacks.

In short; yes they are alike as they are both water shows, but that's about the end of it. No, you will not nap, if you do, you're either fucked up like a rednecks family tree and have been on a day long gambldrunk. or a narcoleptic. I've seen O twice, and if it's not dark during our November trip, we'll see it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I describe Le Reve as O light. If the diving sequences of Le Reve are what put you to sleep, you should skip O. I really love O, much more so than Le Reve. It has more than a bunch of diving, but it still doesn't sound like your style show

I Need Spa
  5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if la reve put you to sleep, O will put you in a coma. save your money

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen Le Reve but I was bored at O. CDS shows are not my thing!

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% agree.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Mystere, but found myself nodding off at O. Not a redneck, drunk or narcoleptic. Maybe a little sleep-deprived, but no more than usual in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Entertainment & food are incredibly subjective topics. But I don't call people names when they don't agree with me.....

[I did barely manage to stay awake in O but fell asleep in Zumanity - which is why I have a personal moratorium on any future CDS shows. Give me a Broadway musical, though, and I'm all in....personal tastes vary!]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most know it but just would like to point out that Le Reve is not a Cirque du Soleil show

11. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is like Le Reve without the emotional response. Frankly, the show is a dated time capsule and I always tend to fall asleep midway through.

Le Reve, not produced by Cirque (but one of their best directors, Franco Dragone), is a brilliant show.

12. tagac27

tagac27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone has their opinions, so here is mine.
    Even though O is a production that many people consider to be a Cirque de Soleil masterpiece, I was bored by it. Sure it has mesmerizing music, lots of diving, acrobatics, and synchronized swimming, but the show dragged at times in my opinion. Because so many of my friends enjoyed O, maybe I should give it a second chance?

Le Reve on the other hand is one of my favorite Las Vegas productions that is set in a beautiful theater that does not have a bad seat. I found Le Reve to be totally entertaining. Le Reve's diving, synchronized swimming and aerial acts are exciting!!!

13. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely loved O, but I think you have to be the kind of person who really enjoys the Arts to get the most out of it. If you go into a show looking for a linear narrative with easily identifiable archetypes for characters, then you will be disappointed. If you go into the show with the same mindset you would have at an art museum -- not "what is that?" but "Whoa! Look at that! That looks cool!" -- then you will have a great time.

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a very rxpensive nap at O....for me it was a complete snoozefest.

15. MartyR

MartyR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its has been a while since i have seen them but I thought "O" was the far better of the two. Much more interesting, more to watch etc. I can't believe they are both still running out there.

16. ginmqi

ginmqi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a huge acrobatic fan and my mom went to see La Reve ( I didn't) but seems like I may get bored of O. I may be staying at Bellagio but might just skip O then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.