1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY Penthouse remodel???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jstyle20, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstyle20

jstyle20 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All....I'm headed to Vegas next week and have a penthouse booked at NYNY. Now, I have been to Vegas many, many times, and like to be in the know when it comes to rooms, etc. I know that the "Penthouse Accessible" is the only one that has the balconies, based on research, and made sure to book that. Just this week, the thumbnail pic has changed on the NYNY site for the penthouse, and it looks unlike anything ive seen on the YouTube tours, trip reports, etc. Now, maybe the pic is just an error, but I know many of the one bedroom suites have been remodeled recently, so my question to the board is....does anyone know if they have remodeled or changed the penthouses recently as well? I felt like I 100% knew what I would be getting with that room, but now am not so sure. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any specific knowledge of a remodel, but I do know they roll out any media related to room renovations in stages... you might just see a thumbnail at first, then more photos or a floor plan, then a full-blown page update. As you probably know, there are multiple penthouses and there's language on the page saying "Actual rooms may vary", so if getting that particular unit is important to you then it might be worth a quick phone call to inquire.

EDC
  3. suitelifevegas

suitelifevegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings! New to the forum, but have stayed in three different penthouses at NYNY and I can tell you that no two penthouses at NYNY are the same. They all carry a unique name (Carlyle, Ritz, Regency, Waldorf, Plaza, Pierre, Essex... etc) and are on the top two floors of every unique tower. My most recent stay was at the end of May and we were guests in the Ritz penthouse which is on the second to top floor of the New Yorker tower. It was by no means remodeled, but it was flawlessly clean.

I inquired during that stay if they had plans to refresh or remodel the penthouses in the future - and the gentleman that I spoke to said that no major improvements were in the works for the penthouses at this time. With that said, they are truly beautiful rooms but they are dated - if you are expecting an Aria/Wynn/Cosmo caliber room and experience you will likely be disappointed but then again the price point of the penthouses at NYNY reflect their age and condition.

The Carlyle is the penthouse that is found in many of the youtube videos that showcase the balconies. Yes this suite does have three balconies (one off the bedroom and two off of the living space) and is a handicapped accessible penthouse (roll in shower). There are two additional penthouses that have balconies - but from my understanding they are by invitation only. The other hurdle when booking or requesting the Carlyle is that the balcony doors will be locked with a keyed deadbolt that must be opened by maintenance - sometimes they will and sometimes they wont and there does not seem to be any clear policy on having them opened.

I took a look at the new image on the NYNY website and that appears to be the Pierre suite which is located in the Empire tower and matches the current (non-remodeled) decor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. jstyle20

jstyle20 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for the info. That really helps. I am headed out there tonight, and I can't wait to get out there. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.