1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Assorted ?s

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LAURLUVS2BOWL, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,
    Long time player of the game - started right around when the game first came out and played all the time for a while. Cut way back when i had plenty of points, then played for other people to help them out with stuff for their trips. Went through a long period of not playing at all for anyone, and now i am back playing for a friend (who is going in August) and my dad (going with my mom and I in December). I know a lot about the game and rewards changes/evolution, but still have some assorted ?s i am hoping 1 or more than 1 of you can help with (apologies if these have been addressed on the forum recently).

1. User's name. My dad's name is Lionel but he goes by Lonnie, so that's what is on FB. Lionel is what's on his ID. My friend's name on FB is her maiden name but she is married and i assume her married name (perhaps with the maiden name as her middle name but not sure) is what's on her ID. Should i just ask both of them to change their FB display names so that they can make sure they have no trouble redeeming rewards when they get there?

2. Buffets. Example - Aria and Bellagio have gotten cute and done breakfast pricing from 7-9am on weekdays and then brunch pricing from 9am-3pm. I assume/hope this means that when you purchase the lunch reward it can count towards breakfast or brunch since the time on the reward says 7am-3pm? Also, Mandalay Bay's lunch buffet reward states that you can use it Fridays (a rarity) but i know that now that price for Fridays is significantly higher than other weekdays - still able to use it regardless of this change?

3. Slot play. I'm pretty sure i'm following that you can't use slot play rewards when you are staying at the hotel on a MyVegas reward (right?). My question is that i am going to have a room booked for 3 nights at MB, paying with credit card not rewards. A. Can i buy the $50, $25, or both? B. There are 'black out' nights for the slot play, i think 2 of the 3 nights i'm there. What does this mean, that since some of the 3 nights i'm saying there are blackout nights, i can't get the reward(s)?

4. Hotel stays. I've only had one MyVegas hotel stay (i think) since the game stopped allowing a user to purchase multiple nights per trip. This upcoming trip, i was hoping that I would book a night, my mom the next night, my dad the 3rd night. A. Is this okay, and B. Can they each book a night even though they are married/live at the same address, but have separate MyVegas accounts and points? I know the last part is a dumb question but we've never all gone on a trip together with all of us trying to use rewards, so just making sure.

Thanks in advance for your expertise, VMB MyVegas community!

Lauren

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Your Facebook name shouldn't matter. Just enter the correct name when you go and purchase an reward.
    2. Can't help you here.
    3. Mandalay Bay is pretty strict about their FreePlay usage. If you have the LP, purchase an extra reward or two, and give it a shot with the FreePlay. Worst case, they will say no.
    4. Shouldn't have any issue doing this. Just link the reservations when you check-in.

3. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JoJoR! SH0CK, any thoughts?

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. No, I can confirm that Facebook name doesn't matter. But when they redeem the reward for the first time make sure they use the same name and email as their MLife account to make things easier. If your email doesn't match you will not be able to use the website to book your MyVegas room reward and will have to call which could incur a $5 cost (but they waived it for me).

2. On the Buffets with brunch as an option, double check the applicable days yo can use the reward. Many don't include the weekend which would rule out brunch. Beyond that I can't help you either.

3. There is a lot of confusion on freeplay usage and I can't help you sort it out definitively since I've not used it. If a feeplay reward says you need a 3 night hotel stay (as most do I think) then I doubt you can get 2 of them without 2 three night stays, but I could be wrong.

4. People living at the same address are considered separate in the eyes of MyVegs as long as they have their own MLife accounts. It's ok if as a couple their MLife accounts are linked (as mine and my wife's are) but they each have to have their own account and number if they are going to individually redeem rewards on their own Facebook games. Also, yes you can have your room nights liked together at check-in so that you should be able to stay in the same room for the nights you secured on each of your accounts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mitkraft! Looks like we're neighbors!

I know my Dad has an MLife card but probably no online account yet (and possibly a misplaced player's card) so we'll figure that out before the trip.

The weekday brunch thing is relatively new - a lot of Strip buffets are apparently doing it so they can charge as much as possible to eat a meal before dinner. They know that a relatively low percentage of patrons will be at the buffet by 9am, so they hike up the price then instead of waiting til 11am like they used to. Caesars was doing a 7-10am early bird thing for $30 and just got rid of it, so now the cheapest buffet there is $40 (smh).

The biggest concern i have on the freeplay is this blackout date thing MyVegas has. Never seen that before on freeplay, and with all the restrictions they already have for the freeplay i am confused. I may give someone a call or at least an email to get that clarified - i'd hate to expect $50 and then not get it (and not know til i get there)

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't even notice you were in Houston. I'm down south near Pearland/Friendswood.

I can't help with the blackout date thing though. Sorry.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mitkraft pretty much nailed it.

As for Freeplay, I would go ahead and pick up both the $25 and $50 and see if they will let you use them both. Worst case, just have them add the $50 to your card then refund the $25 back to your MyVegas account when you get back home. I'd probably go so far as to add another reward on top of those and the room reward just in case they don't let you use both freeplays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per $50 Mandalay Bay Freeplay award - Blackout dates (2017): 1/5-1/7, 2/4, 2/5, 4/15, 4/16, 5/13, 5/14, 6/17, 6/18, 7/4, 9/2-9/4, 11/23-11/26, 12/3-12/13, 12/14, 12/25, 12/31, 1/1/2018

Obviously the majority of those dates make sense as blackout dates, but not when i'll be there (12/12-15). So that's the issue, i'm there 3 nights (12, 13, 14) and only one is a non black out. CONFUSING!!!

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you attempt to redeem it before you check out on the day you leave, they still may not allow you to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.