1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by fasbman, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from New Orleans yesterday. I noticed that this one slot that I like playing was getting close to hitting its mini slot jackpot that was guaranteed to hit by $50. I played and lost some, came back in a few hours and it still hadn't hit, so I played some more and lost. I repeated this cycle several times until finally, I came back and played it and it hit. So, I "invested" several hundred dollars to ultimately win about $48, which is not a great return on investment. But, it had become my "White Whale". Have you ever got caught up in pursuing a minor jackpot that even if it hits, just isn't worth it?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely not just you. I've done that too. In fact - I think that's why they make them and put on there "must hit by" or whatever the wording. They know it makes (some) people sit down and play.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago saw a 3 kings slot machine at Suncoast with all the bonuses showing the fire under them, the green lions free spins was at I think 80 free spins, proceeded to lose $900 on the machine betting $1.25 a throw and still didn't hit the green lions free spins bonus. I still see that game around and laugh every time I see someone playing it, I haven't played it since. Fk that game!

5. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! The 3 kings game can either be an ATM or a black hole for your bankroll, but is generally the later. It's funny, but in my case I was actually kind of hoping that someone else would hit the mini jackpot while I was absent, just so I could give up my quest.

6. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just find myself, when I get undisciplined and/or drunk chasing bonuses; never chased a jackpot. Chasing, whether it's jackpots, bonuses, free spins, or comps is pure danger to your bankroll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah ive made that mistake too :confused:
    Now if i see it with a high frre spin value ill give it $20-30 then bail if i get zip :nono:

8. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The kind of thread I need to read before heading out next month. I will only give the Miss Spears slot 100 come August.

9. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a guy sit for hours at a Bier Haus that was close to the max. Something happened as he was meeting with a couple of suits at the slot and very enraged. I had played it earlier in the day but maybe the slot malfunctioned and they took it out of play. Likely he learned a lesson.

10. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will often chase those minis/minors and often will finally win them. BUT have also often spent waayyy more than their value chasing. I am so good at making excuses in my head......

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yea... been there.

And have tried to play a few that others would not leave. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I luckily didn't chase it for too much money. But Betty White's "must hit by 2k" moves very...very...slow.

I was at my local for all of the day and it went up less than $1 an hour.

So if it's at $1,980 and must hit by 2k. It will take 20 hours for it to get to that 2k. I know from experience as it was a few dollars short of 2k when I went the next day. Then I got dinner and it hit >.<

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.