1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Deuce eXpress

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chrisnewton, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

When I am in Vegas I would like to get the deuce eXpres from the strip to freemont Street. I just have a few questions if anyone can help.

Firstly am I right in thinking the eXpres is faster than the normal deuce? It stops as less stops if I'm right? Roughly how long does it take from say mandlay bay?

Does the express go from mandlay bay? And how often do they run?

Also can you use a normal 24 hour pass on the expert?

And finally I will probably like to get a taxi back from freemont Street to the middle of the strip.. Say the mirage.. Roughly how much will it cost do you do think?

Sorry for lots of questions..

Many thanks for your help

2. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber X from Fremont Street to Mirage is just under $14 a taxi will be at least double that or more.

IMG_1475.jpg

3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used uber before.. Do I just download the app?

4. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, download the Uber app, set up an account in the app and your all set to go.

BTW: While you're at it download the Lyft app too, Uber's competitor, you can check prices on both at the time you want to take a ride and shop for the best rate. Rates do vary depending on demand and availability of drivers in the area so it's wise to check them both.

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brilliant thanks very much for all your help

7. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Mandalay Bay, take the tram up and cross over to NYNY and catch the WAX at Tropicana. $2 and about 20 minutes to Carson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely the correct answer. I take this route from the airport every time I stay downtown and it is very underutilized. Don't pre-pay on this route, use cash as you board. Big bus stop just west of the Excalibur/NYNY overpass. Runs every hour on weekends, every twenty minutes during the week. Also, smartphones with Google maps can provide bus routes and times in Vegas.

Bros are back!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your answers, i think im going to give uber / lyft a try!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When waiting at a bus stop, follow instructions and text your location number to the RTC and you will receive a reply with the approximate wait time for the next bus. I just wish the service on weeekends was more frequent.

11. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 busses

1- duece- double decker- stops alot and seems to take forever as people never know how to get on or off of it

2- sdx- long bus that looks like a spaceship with a pointy nose. goes basically the same route as the deuce but not as many stops and less confusing to get off and on.

you will see the multiple bus stops on the strip. look at the signs, some will say deuce and that means just the deuce stops there, the other will say deuce and sdx, you can figure that one out.

There is a trick to these busses. If it seems like its been too long of a wait and there are a bunch if people waiting to get on, there will be another bus in a minute or two. let all those pushy people get in the first one and have the second bus to yourself.

Works every time.

For some reason people waiting for the bus always seem to want to give out bum information too so if you ask someone if its the right bus or whatever, be prepared for some stupid response about how to trick the system or how to take a different bus. just use the main ones. Keep in mind also that they what we call downtown, to them thats not fremont street. To them its the downtown transit station which is a good distance from actual fremont street. So dont ask if its going downtown as they all go there but only a few continue to fremont street.

12. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes . Wax much faster, less traffic , less stops at stop on Tropicana next to NY, ny corner. Make sure it is wax bus not 201 which is local bus along Tropicana. Wax is $2. Let's you off on Fremont near Walgreens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.