1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond Aspirations

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MickeyMickey1975, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I reached 80,000 points in 2016 can I:

1) Get a companion card when I go in August? Can the companion bring a guest into the LV diamond lounges?

2). Can I get the 4 happy hour tickets when I go in August 2017 for the High Roller?

Thanks

2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Yes, you can get companion card whenever you hit 80k/Diamond ASP2. FYI, the companion needs to be present in order to receive companion card. No, companions cannot bring any guest to any diamond lounges.

2. No, you have to earn 80k TC in "current year" to get it. So unless you have 80k+ as of this year or before August, then you're not eligible for the 4HH high roller tickets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mh0213

mh0213 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked "2016 Aspirations Rules & Regulations" and it said below:

DIAMOND COMPANION CARD

Valid Dates: February 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017

Diamond members who earn a Tier Score of at least 80,000 Tier Credits in 2016 will be given the option of having a Diamond Companion Card issued. The Diamond Companion Card allows a designated companion to take advantage of all Diamond priority service benefits, including Diamond lounges, without the presence of the Diamond member.

4. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get your friend a diamond companion card that's good until 1/31/18. They can enter the lounges alone, but can't take any guests.

You are late on the high roller tickets. You should of gotten those in 2016 after attaining that level or perhaps real early 2017. However, it doesn't hurt to ask at the total rewards desk.
    And if the first person says no, come back later and ask someone else.

5. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I also reached 80K tier points last year. I got a diamond companion card for my fiance but as of this year the diamond companion was no longer any good. The way they are enforcing this is that as long as you have 80K points or more you can have a companion. Once the new year resets you have to earn it again before your companion gets card back. I checked with 2 different TR desks and host to confirm this.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That doesn't sound correct. You should have been able to renew the companion card. The companion card is good for as long as your benefit is active.

I renewed 7* last year, which made it good through January 2018. We renewed my BFFs 7* companion card this year and I have not yet renewed 7*.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mh0213

mh0213 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I read TR website correctly, Diamond companion card is as a benefit of Aspiration level 2. So it should be good for who currently have 80K and over. Seven* companion card is a benefit for Seven* status and it should be effective same period of time as Seven* holder. Anyone who made 7* in 2016 should be 7* until Jan, 2018 and their companion should have same expiration date.

8. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you make 7* it is for the next year, if renewing or for this year and the following if a new 7* so the companion cards are for the time period you are 7*---though if you have the same person as your companion they have to re register after 1/31. . The aspiration levels are just for the T/R year ending 1/31, so if you make the level than the companion card is good for the same period. So if you make Asp 2 at the end of the year you have to make your flight plans and stay by 1/31 and they give you until 6/30 to use it.

9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Withdrawing my comments since the OPs questions have been answered and there's no reason to sidetrack the thread.

10. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    giving the companion card when you make 7* is different from the 80k asp 2 card...I have been through this already and the way its set up is terrible.

in 2016, if it takes you all the way till December 31st to make it to 80k tier credits, you will be able to gift a companion card that expires 31 days later in january 2017...then you have to make 80k tier again in 2017 to give it again...with 7* it works like a normal total rewards card were you get it from the time you make 7* and gift the card, then the full year after

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the clarification.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what a crock of $hit. So, if you make Diamond Asp in December, the guest perk is only good for a month? What idiot came up with that plan?

13. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that was my feeling, who came up with it like that...if it takes you till the last day in december, you get it for 1 month...

14. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry but I can't help but to respond.

My two cents on tier status earning and retention of status.

Tier Status is earn in a Calendar year, January 1 – December 31. Whatever tier status is earned during that period will be valid until January 31st of the year after the next year earning period. So if you earn Diamond Aspiration Level II or Seven Stars either on January 1, 2016 or December 31, 2016. Your tier level is good until January 31, 2018. The confusion that I see here is that Tier Cards are issued after January 31st of 2017. It doesn’t matter what your tier card has printed on it. It matters what status you earned. You can get a new tier card every year. But even if you don't, when that tier card is presented or put in a machine it will have the correct status that you most recently earned. I’ve use tier cards from three or four years ago and presented to someone in a Diamond or Seven Stars Lounge. As long as it hasn’t been damaged or demagnetized somehow your current status will be recognized.

15. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that there's any argument on that. The subject being discussed is Companion Cards, specifically the Diamond Companion cards issued at DAL2.

16. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as DaiLun said, we are talking about the companion card, not your regular diamond or 7star card...when you reach 80k tier in a calender year, you can give someone a diamond companion card which gives that person almost all the diamond benefits even if they are a gold member or just got a players card to receive the diamond companion card and never even play...the diamond companion card is only good from the 1st day 80k is made and card is issued, till the year ends, then you have 31 days into the next year before it expires, then you have to make 80k again to have that feature renewed....the 7* companion card is different as it works like the expiration date of the main card holders status...with the 7* Companion card, if you make 7* in say march of 2016, you get the companion card all through the rest of 2016, all of 2017 and it will expire january 31st of 2018 unless you renew your 7* status

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.