1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest question on connecting flights

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bullhead, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am traveling from Pittsburgh to Vegas with a connection in Chicago. When I check-in for the first segment, will I have to do it again for the 2nd part. Thanks for any help.

2. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be checked all the way through to Vegas when you check in. The only time I'm aware of that you have to check in again or recheck bags are some international flights.

3. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only check in once. They will give you another boarding pass for the second leg when you check in at your starting airport.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which kinda sucks if you don't have earlybird, because (as I recall, and I might be wrong) you are at the mercy of having a high number on the second leg.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually flying east to west you are able to check in (est) the earliest as your flight will be available at least an hour ahead of anyone just flying out of Chicago. Your competition for boarding numbers are early bird and others in eastern time zone. People in cst will have to wait until 24 hours prior to departure from Chicago.
    The return trip you will be on the backend.

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't anyone "trick" their computer into thinking they are in the eastern time zone then to print boarding passes earlier?

8. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would have to trick the Southwest computer clock. Their system will only issue boarding passes at the 24 hour point before your original departure time. We always fly direct to LAS - but if you do have a connection in between you will have an advantage on the 2nd leg as you will get your 2nd leg boarding pass as soon as you can get the one for the original departure - so you get in ahead of anyone originating at that 2nd departure point. That is why it is hard for us to get good boarding numbers out of LAS - because it is a hub for SW and lots of people connect through there on flights to other places. That said we never pay for early boarding and have never not been able to find 2 seats together for any flight.

9. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay that makes more sense now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.