1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linking 2 car rental bookings

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ScoobyDoo, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at booking a car rental for 10 days for Vegas trip in late August.

Have always booked thru Costco and got great rates. The rate however is more expensive with the one booking for 10 days as opposed to 2 back2back bookings (1 week & 3 days). Will I have any problems with linking my bookings if I go with the 2 bookings? The difference is just shy of $100.

Currently the booking is with Alamo which is offering the best rate at the moment?

• Like Like x 1
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why 'link' them? Just return the car at the end of the week and walk over to the booth and pick up your next rental. For $100 and no worries about something going wrong I would stop at the rental office. Is that such a crisis?

3. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them doing so at the beginning to see if it was possible to avoid having to make an extra trip to the car rental since it is with the same rental agency, Alamo.

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We have tried to link back to back reservations with Budget and Alamo on several occasions. No dice. We always have to return the car and pick up a new one. On one occasion they let us keep the same car but we still had to return to rental location.

5. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Prices seem very high for this August. Best I've found (and booked) for our 9 day trip is $184 all in with Dollar on Swenson. Price has gone up $100 since my initial booking.
    Rentals at the airport(LAS) are all over $300 for the 9 days.

Hoping prices come down in the next couple weeks. Going to throw in a Pricelne bid about 10 days before trip.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlike hotels, car rentals are a bit different. I am thinking their pricing algorithims will not allow it. It will treat it as one booking at XX$$ and then close it out. Keeping it long goes to addon days...vs jumping to other reservation. In fact, I almost think they would force you to get a new car.

7. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the highest prices l have ever experienced with booking at Costco for $400 for the full 10 days starting around the third week in august with the 2 bookings.

Seriously hope rates will drop.

8. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

As I posted above I've never seen rates this high without a window with the the price dropping.
    At $184 all in for 9 days(August 15 thru 24th) with Dollar I guess I got a good price so far. Pick up is off site(going to use Uber or Lyft to get over there). .

Hopefully we see a dip in the prices in next couple weeks..

if I see anything I'll post it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  9. monkey

monkey Low-Roller

I have done this twice; both times with Thrifty.

The first time I accidentally gave the agent the second reservation and when he pointed that out I was a few days early, I explained I had back-to-back reservations because it was cheaper that way. He said he'd save me the trouble of coming back and would combine the two reservations - same price. Easy-peasy, no problem. Very nice of him.

The second time, I told the agent up front that I had back-to-back reservations and requested she combine them. She tried but wasn't successful so she called for a supervisor. It took about 20 minutes for them to figure it out but they did. It saved me a trip back to the car rental facility so it was worth 20 minutes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Yup, prices have been ridiculous for the last year or so. We had been renting from Budget on W Tropicana for awhile but their prices are now almost as expensive as at the airport. Sadly, I think this is the trend and the waiting and hoping for lower prices is as dead as the Dodo.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.