1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards and comps???

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kjkspike, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjkspike

kjkspike Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a question regarding Total Rewards and comp offers. I am a Total Rewards member and have been getting the same monthly comp offers for the past year plus so don’t assume it will change in the next couple months. How are people able to book these offers more than a month in advance? I am planning a trip in September and my offers don’t even show for August yet. I’ve seen many posts for people redeeming their Total Rewards offers, but didn’t look closely at the dates (if they were even mentioned)…….were these bookings all around 1 month in advance? Is there any way to book for further out when the offers don’t even show online yet? Just trying to be a little more proactive (and have more choices) so appreciate any advice.

2. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that most of us aren't booking actual offers but simply from logging in and checking the rate calendar for the times we are planning to be in town. Frequently the availability is better than when you try to book using an offer. The calendar runs a good year out I think.

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with above. I rarely book offers. Mostly because they arent as good as when I add my g/f's card. It goes from a cheap offer to a comped room.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually I see monthly offers 2-3 months advance. As mentioned by other posters, you can look on the rate calendar and then book it first. Then when you receive the monthly offers just call with offer code and see if TR/CET will book it in place of the previous reservation.

5. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book my hotel thru the calendar usually 3 months out. just for piece of mind (as far are getting free or discounted rooms your offers normally don't beat just going to the calendar to see what rates/comps you get.
    Then when I see an offer come in that I like for Free play, shows, etc, I contact a host and ask them to add it to my reservation

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mostly book off the rate calendar since most of our trips are for five nights. My trip in October I booked back in April when I saw I could get a premium Ultra Hip fountain view room comped Sat-Thru.

Mark

7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We don't bother with offers or the calendar (unless there's a special event/offer attached to room comps). We log in and go to reservations, put in our dates and see what comes up.

8. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This just happened to me today. Received an offer via email and tried to book it (an hour later), and was told unavailable.

Booked through website instead and had no problems.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rate calendar goes up to about one year at a time. I could book a room right now for May 2018. But in my case, since i'm flexable but at the same time book for 5 nights, usually don't book that far ahead because it will change. If i could book one year in advance for 5 nights comped i would do that. I usually book a few months ahead like i did this year because i can see where i can get comped for 5 nights (Sun-Thurs). It doesn't matter which week in the month as long as i can get 5 nights comped.
    Keep in mind that i only have a Gold card tier level, so that's where flexability comes in handy.
    As an example, in August, i only had one week fully comped, the other 3 were partially comped (2 or 3 nights fully comped).
    So my CC isn't effected until i check out (this is a personal choice).
    I never look at the offer calendar because that calendar doesn't give me 5 free nights, only the regular rate calendar does.

I get offer rates at Caesars, MGM, and Boyd all the time, but for me Caesars is the best at giving me 5 comped nights..........that's why i was able to stay at Caesars Palace on the high end of the totem pole as well as Rio on the lower end.
    Doesn't matter whether i have luxury accomodations with a 5000 thread count sheet on my pillow, or a basic room with 1 sheet on my toilet paper, it's all about freebies...LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kjkspike

kjkspike Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Either I must be doing something wrong or I don't get the same deals as some of you. I also am only Gold tier. My current "offers" have been three midweek nights free (been getting that exact same offer every month for well over a year). Like I said, those "offers" don't go into September yet. I tried advice of just booking through the rate calendar (with still being logged into my account of course) and all I get are normal daily prices with no comp offers at all.....I even went all the way through past "book now" to see if that would change anything on the next screen and no luck.

I guess I could follow one response and book via the rate calendar and then when the "offer" shows up, call and see if they will add it to my reservation. My only problem with that is I won't be able to see what kind of room types are part of the offer when I book ahead of time via the rate calendar and of course would like to get the best room type included. :)

11. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out east, I get CET offers for Atlantic City just a month in advance too. If I want to book further in advance, I use the rate calendar and pick the best deal I can find. If a better comp comes in, I'll cancel the original reservation and rebook online. Needless to say, I make sure the comp is available for my dates before I cancel anything else.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET has a gazillion offers. I have no idea what kind of criteria they use to determine who to send short-expiration offers and long-expiration offers to. I get an offer with freeplay and resort credit every two months that's good for two reservations within 12 months. And then I get a lot of offers that are good for specific months and even specific weekends or events.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use rate calendar first.

If using an offer code (freeplay or other reasons), just because you don't have the offer for that month doesn't mean the code won't work for that month. Bring up that month in the offer calendar and give it a try.

14. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier level often means nothing - how many TCs a day do you average?

If you are only earning 100 a day consistently you may not have any comped nights on the calendar. If you are earning several hundred you should be seeing comp on calendar.

If you are traveling with a companion or spouse, enter their card also in the companion area.

Easter again..:
  15. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not doing the correct links on the TR page.
    You need to first log in (make sure the info is showing (TR card # + password).
    Once that's done you need to go to the top of the page where it says "book now" (don't worry, you're just looking) Once you press "book now" another page will show up, this has the rate calendar.
    What you must do is a couple of things:
    On the left side of the page it will say destination, (Vegas), then click all hotels (CET).
    Then you put in the dates you would like to stay,
    That brings you to the next page with all the Caesars hotels in Vegas. The list on the calendar is about a month behind the current date. Right now it shows up to May 2018. In a couple of days it will show June 2018, etc etc.
    The rates that are showing now are higher because it's 11 months ahead, but if you book a couple of months ahead, like Nov.2017, or Feb.2018 they are much lower or partially comped/fully comped).

What i do is decide when i want to go, then keep looking at this same rate calendar and if/when i see a comped week i book it. They will hold your room on your CC but you can cancel anytime (up to about 48 hrs) and/or change to a different hotel, etc.

Keep in mind that there's "offers" then there is the basic rate calendar.
    Never put in the offer code if you're just using the rate calendar, just click search.

The rate calender will show the lowest hotel rate first (usually the basic room) and then steps up to the next level, etc etc.
    You can also check # of rooms, sm/non sm, luxury, etc etc.

The main thing is make sure (after you log in) to click "book now" at the top of the page. This page will show your rewards points, when your points expire, etc. And click "search".

I am only Gold, so i just book Sun. till Fri. knowing that at least one week per month, maybe more, is partially comped or in my case fully comped.

I booked the LinQ at the beginning of February for an August arrival fully comped. They gave me a confirmation # which is what i need when checking in along with my TR card.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very detailed description Waverunner!

Easter again..:
  17. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tried your process. I had booked a room at Harrah's for Sept a few days ago and this new system would save me about 35.00 over my booking price. I was going to use TR RC's anyway but, I may cancel the original trip and rebook. I also had booked the Mardi Gras King room, the lowest priced one available to me, with the thought that I could be upgraded at check-in.

Also, I see a "block" on the individual room choices that indicates a "Diamond Inactives Rate" that includes a discount of a certain percentage. I am not familiar with that term. Possibly, I have not had enough play recently to qualify for comped nights like I used to get most any time at Harrah's and other lower end CET's. Ever heard of the "Diamond Inactives Rate"? I'm Diamond for this year and have been for several years consecutively.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  18. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I saw that for the first time a few weeks ago. May be for Vegas, in my case, as I haven't been since March 2016, but just the NOBU/Cromwell/weekend crowd had a rate. The rest was comped, but still had that term.

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Chuck, since we are similar on spend, are you at all comfortable saying an average FP/RC allowance they give you?

I'm still kicking around trying CET (not this trip) but this will play into whether I want to siphon off money into a CET kitty.

Have a GREAT trip BTW, and I hope you have a blast at your slot pull!

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The offer I get every two months is for 3 - 5 nights comped, $100 in freeplay and $50 in resort credit. Each offer has two codes, and they can be used to book stays up to a year out (although CET only lets you have two open reservations at a time). I've been getting this same rolling offer for probably 3 years now.

The number of nights is different by property, 3 nights at the top end, 5 nights at the lower end. However, with that type of CET offer, the number of comp nights you can get for a property is not "locked in" by the offer terms - you can get up to 5 at any property if your play level is sufficient - when you load the offer, it takes you to an "Offer Calendar" which pretty much functions like the regular availability calendar. At my play level, I can always get 5 nights at any property, except on certain fluky dates when they have extremely high occupancy/pricing for whatever reason.

There are several months during the year where I get an alternate offer which has $225 freeplay and no resort credit.

What I will say about these CET offers is that the value of the throw-ins does seem to affect either the room type I can book at a certain property or the dates. So if I want to book a certain 5 night stretch, if I want the throw-ins, I might have to go down a notch in room type compared to if I book without the offer.

So it's like the throw-ins slightly reduce the amount they're willing to apply to the room. And CET doesn't apply your comp value as a discount against a room price in that situation - you either get a room comped for a given night, or you pay full price.

I think you play at a similar, maybe slightly higher level than me. I don't know what criteria they use to generate the specific offer I'm referring to - it might take a little history with them to start getting this standing, rolling offer. And CET I think does a lot of analysis to generate offers, they have tons of them. They send out surveys every so often to ask your preferences/interests and I'd recommend doing the surveys to try to get them to narrow down your offers.

We all know CET is a little looser with the room comps as far as number of nights. My advice if you decide to start using them is to take full advantage of the extra nights, because the throw-ins will probably be a little lower than MLife (at least for now - MLife seems to be shaving the throw-ins). Overall, the total combined maximum value of the offers I get from MLife and CET are similar - but CETs rooms are cheaper, so you get more nights.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.