1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Why is Mirage so inexpensive to book?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by notfromconcentrate, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine looked nicely refreshed when I stayed in Feb!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage is my home base on the Strip. I call it Glamour For The Common Man. It has everything I need and it just feels comfortable to me.

Between The Mirage, TI and across the Boulevard at Harrah's, The Linq area, Flamingo, Caesars' and Venetian, all in an easy walk, there is nothing else I need as far as gambling, food and shopping.

The pool is beautifully landscaped but the evil little twerps are everywhere. I beat the chair thing and get plenty of shade by going down around 4:00 P.M.

Mikeopensacola, I'm going to say 6 or 7 years the Tower Deluxe were renovated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't remember when the last remodel happened but I don't think it was that long ago. I also can't recall if it was every floor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, I really could be wrong. It was when they made the bathrooms tiny. I AM wrong about the Tower Deluxe. They stayed the same and everything else got smaller.

5. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren't mistaken. The Mirage is an extraordinary value for the money.

It was the swankiest hotel in Vegas not too long ago and still carries that DNA from the Steve Wynn era to some degree. The pool area is still in the top 10 on the strip.

I've stayed lots of places but it's hard not to end up at Mirage because of that value. We got a tower suite (1,250 SF) last trip for less than $200 per night for 3 nights. That's crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lvjeremylv

lvjeremylv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to work at the Mirage in 2004, and always thought it was nice but never stayed there. My fiancee and I stayed there last month, and we were very satisfied. Everything was clean, the room was nice, and the pool was very nice. A bit of an older crowd compared to some of the properties, which is perfectly fine with me. Loved the elevators, food was really good at The Pantry (located near elevators), food and drinks and pool were both good, and the check-in process took about 45 seconds. At the price-point they're at, I'm not sure there's a better value on the Strip.

7. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warning!

We spent 4 nights at the Mirage two weeks ago - 15th floor, room 15048 - volcano view. Starting at 9am on the first morning, all kinds of hammering & work-type noises were going on all day until about 6pm. Complained to the desk and they said yes, the 16th floor was being renovated, but it would stop by 6 or so - did we want to move rooms? Since the clerk said it would stop by 6pm I said we'll stay put.

After breakfast the next morning we returned to the room to prepare for our "walkabout" of several hours. At 10AM the workers upstairs started JACKHAMMERING!!!! It went on & on & on..... even while I was talking to the front desk! I just held up the phone & shouted, "HEAR THAT?" Could barely hear the clerk say "a bellman will be right up with the keys to your new room." Talk about being pissed!

The jackhammering, which was booming out in the hallway & entire wing, was still going on without a pause at 10:40AM as we got out of that room. Apparently there was more than one jackhammer going. We do spend some time off & on in our Vegas rooms recuperating during the day (we are oldfarts), so obviously that kind of disturbance ain't gonna work with us.

The "new" room was nice & quiet with a pool view from the 7th floor, so the remainder of the stay was satisfactory. At checkout, I politely reminded the clerk of the 1st day complaint then the disastrous 2nd day, so she kindly waived the detested "resort" fee for all four nights.

I thought it was pretty cheesy of the front desk not to warn us about the "renovations" (reconstruction really) at check in.

We will stay there in the future, but bet your booty we'll ask about the renovations first.

8. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going at the end of July and got a hospitality suite for 298.00 a night. 1700 sf. Can't beat the value.

• Like Like x 1
  9. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^^ That is a great value..... and I'll bet the workmen won't be jackhammering above your room!

10. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool at Mirage is huge and clean and quiet, pretty much a snooze if you actually get in the water. As for the pool at Flamingo I have two words: human soup. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

11. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Mirage in two more sleeps....comped Mirage Suite, 100/day f&b, 500 freeplay, and limo...woop! (oh, and the beers in the VIP lounge are a nice touch!!!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, have you ever been in town for a fight? Not sure what atmosphere you're expecting but what you'll see is a lot of gang banger wanna-be types. You'll never see any of the real rollers unless you happen to have binoculars at the fight. If that's what you enjoy, you're good to go.

Re; the Mirage, I agree with some of the others that these days it's the best mid strip bargain out there. The pool area is still one of the best on the strip but it's not the party some places put on. But then those pool party places are not cheap....kind of like going to a club at night. You can't beat all the food choices at the Mirage.

• Like Like x 1
  13. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry but I'm missing why you were pissed. They informed you renovations were talking place and offered you a different room, but you chose not to move, and then you were mad that there were renovations within earshot?

14. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, ArmyBrat did say that it would stop by 6:00 pm the first day. If it would be over at that time, and it would not stand to affect you being over at that time, then why move? So for it to have carried onto the next day, contrary to what the desk said, I think that is very good reason to be pissed.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  15. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. I should've been informed about the renovations at check in. During the first complaint call I got the impression from the clerk that there would be no more disturbance after the work ceased that evening. A lie by omission?
    Of course if the clerk had informed me of the full facts, we certainly would've moved the first day. If they had forewarned us at check in, I would've requested a a quiet floor, obviously.
    I seriously doubt I was the only one who complained about the shabby treatment.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.